Hello From Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brau_Haus

Reaction score
Hey all! Just another new home brewer, getting started out in the hobby (although I am pretty certain that with the way I enjoy brew it will be more than just a hobby).

I will probably be asking a lot of questions from you more experienced brewers, since I am trying to re-create something. You see, I lived for 10 years in Germany after my military service, and found out what real beer is supposed to taste like. I even went so far as to cultivate a friendship with the Jr. Brewmaster at the local brewery. He did teach me a lot, but in the poor fellow was bound by Guild Hall laws and couldn't give me all the pertinent information I needed to brew my own at home. I have since then lost his contact information (not that it would do me any good). My goal is to create a beer (or re-create as the case may be) that tastes similar to his "Spezial Helles."

I'm sure there's someone here who will be able to answer my questions when I get that far.

~HB

Back