Stout tap rebuild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtbiker278

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently had a kick-off party for my Keezer. Some friends brought some goodies, one of which happened to be the body of a stout tap. I haven't taken a good look at it, but it looks like 80% of it is missing. I checked out an exploded view on the micromatic website of their stout tap and there seems to be a lot of spring, seals, and other parts I'd need to buy to get it working.

So the questions are
- without knowing the tap brand would parts be interchangeable?
- It this likely going to be more of a headache than its worth?

Thanks for the replies!

So the questions are
- without knowing the tap brand would parts be interchangeable?
Kind of hard without knowing the brand. Not all brands are the same.

- It this likely going to be more of a headache than its worth?
Maybe!! If you can find out the brand & model#, we can price re-building it vs. buying that model new. See if you can figure that out!! Cheers!!!

The only marking on the body are 12-06. I'm thinking its a manufacturing date. Here's a couple photos:

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

Looks to be similar to this one

I looks similar. The tapering near the spout threads is a little different. The link fro the beverage factory looks like the exact faucet, but they only have the internal part number of JESF-4. Or is that an actual part number?

Back