New From Houston, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goon_Slapper

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Houston, and will start homebrewin soon, once I get the ingredients delivered.

I've tried homebrewing once before, about 1.5 years ago, so I have the equipment but it didn't go so well, so I got discouraged. Part of the problem was that I was working in another town (corpus christi, tx), and did everything in the apartment, so I made a mess, and it was a little frustrating. Now, I'm back in my house in Houston, and I'm hoping to do some brewin' in my garage.

Recently, I've been reading a lot on the internets, and now I've got the passion again.

I've also been lurking these forums the past 2 weeks, looking for advice, and also because I'll also be installing a kegerator in one of my fridges. I'm setting it up so initially I'll have 2 commercial kegs, and 2 homebrew kegs, with the option of setting up two more lines later on. I'm hoping once I get more prolific with my homebrewin' skills, I'll have only homebrew kegs in my kegerator. We'll see.

Anyway, i'm glad i found these forums, and look forward to make some nice tasting beers.

I live on the on the Northwest part of town. Off Hwy 249 and FM 2960 (just south of Tomball). Are there any home brew stores in Houston? I know about Defalcos, but they are on the other side of town from me. I ordered some stuff online from them with the hopes of going to their store some time soon.

BTW, I ordered my keg conversion kit from Keg Connection on Friday, and it should be arriving when I get home tonight from work. I can't wait. I want to install it right away, but it may have to wait until after my mtn bike sesh...

K.. I'm over in Fairfield off 290.. Pretty close.. The other brew shop is "Brew-it-Yourself" off of 45 just north of Rayford Sawdust. I am brewing most weekends.. Shoot me a PM sometime if you wanna sit in..

Finished1.jpg

Thats a sweet setup you have.

Thanks for the invite. I'll definitely PM you about watching how you brew. It may be several weeks before I do that, because a lot of my weekend are tied up with activities. I also have a girlfriend who lives in Corpus, so I'm down there every so often.

Oh, and thanks for the info on Brew-it-Yourself. I'll have to check them out. I have family friends up in Conroe, so I can stop in there a few times a month. In your opinion, which store is better, Brew-it-Yourself or Defalcos? Service and price wise? If both are helpful and have great service, I'll shop at both. So far, Defalcos has been good, even though I've only shopped online with them.

Thats a sweet setup you have.

Thanks for the invite. I'll definitely PM you about watching how you brew. It may be several weeks before I do that, because a lot of my weekend are tied up with activities. I also have a girlfriend who lives in Corpus, so I'm down there every so often.

Oh, and thanks for the info on Brew-it-Yourself. I'll have to check them out. I have family friends up in Conroe, so I can stop in there a few times a month. In your opinion, which store is better, Brew-it-Yourself or Defalcos? Service and price wise? If both are helpful and have great service, I'll shop at both. So far, Defalcos has been good, even though I've only shopped online with them.

Ha! I just moved from the Woodlands to Austin back in June.

Hmm.. I'll leave the rating of the stores to you.. Each has it's strengths.

Latest posts

Back