A weekend of firsts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdhucks7

Reaction score
Here goes. This last weekend I had a couple of "firsts". I brewed my first non kit batch, Yoopers Rogue Dead Guy Clone (extract). I cant wait to try it i loved the smell when it was going in the fermenter! Durning this brew session had my first real boilover! Boy was this a big mess had crap all over my garage floor. As luck would have it though SWMBO was out at the time and didnt notice:fro:.
Next I bought my kegging set-up Saturday morning and put that together kegging some Apfelwine. Havent tried it from the keg yet (I got sick Sunday and Monday so it was a no go), but we are trying it tonight and I cant wait! Loved the kegging it is sooo much easier than bottling i could not believe it. Now I wish I would have bought that set-up sooner.
Well thats all I just wanted to share. Sorry for the long rambling post. :p

SD

And soon down the road....
You will build a setup of some sort to be able to bottle from a keg.
Funny how we go in circles.:D

Circles, thats what i was seeing last night! I think SWMBO and me pollished off about half that keg of apfelwine! :tank: Sure was good though. Now about this bottle filler you speak of.... (goes to find the thread about the BMBF).

SD

Circles, thats what i was seeing last night! I think SWMBO and me pollished off about half that keg of apfelwine! :tank: Sure was good though. Now about this bottle filler you speak of.... (goes to find the thread about the BMBF).

SD

The thread is called something like, "We don't need no stinking beer gun". I use my BMBF all the time- I fill growlers and all size bottles.

+1. BMBF rocks my world, especially now that I have lots of sizes of stoppers, and a couple growlers in my arsenal.

Phone rings. "Oh? What's that Lassie? Party in 30 minutes, and I'm on the hook to bring brews? Consider it done!"

The BMBF is second on my list of things to build that I need for beer. First is converting my keg to keggle. Third is building my immersion chiller, since I got 50' of 3/8" copper tubing heading my way this week. All I can think of is "Danm it feels good to be a gangsta" :rockin:

SD

The BMBF is second on my list of things to build that I need for beer. First is converting my keg to keggle. Third is building my immersion chiller, since I got 50' of 3/8" copper tubing heading my way this week. All I can think of is "Danm it feels good to be a gangsta" :rockin:

SD

Have you figured out how to make it topless? FWIW, I think Bobby_M's way of doing it was the easiest of 3 ways I tried already

Have you figured out how to make it topless? FWIW, I think Bobby_M's way of doing it was the easiest of 3 ways I tried already
I was thinking of using a sawzaw (sp?) I have one from work that I thought I would try. Also my copper tubing just showed up at my office! Looks like I am working on beer related stuff tonight! :)

SD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it will end up like this

Keggle_3.JPG

Back