Brew Bucket by SS Brewing Technologies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it has been posted before but the plastic drilled stopper intended for the airlock is falling apart because of the sharp edge of the drilled hole in the lid.

You may have to replace it often, soften the edge or find a more solid plastic for it.

I don't know if it has been posted before but the plastic drilled stopper intended for the airlock is falling apart because of the sharp edge of the drilled hole in the lid.

You may have to replace it often, soften the edge or find a more solid plastic for it.

Mines not plastic it's a hard foam like a standard stopper ...got a pic of yours???

[QUOTE I will keg or bottle tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Have you had a chance to bottle or keg?? Any updates on what you think about the new fermenter?!

[QUOTE I will keg or bottle tomorrow

Have you had a chance to bottle or keg?? Any updates on what you think about the new fermenter?![/QUOTE]

Yep I kegged last night...so easy I just sanitized a piece of tubing and my keg...slid it on the barb and opened up the ball valve.

Did note that it didn't flow right away because the seal is so good on the lid. Had to open the lid to adjust the pressure so the flow was normal.

Had the racking arm right at horizontal...beer was clear right away no trub or yeast.....the whole hops didn't completely drop out and had some floaters...so when the beer got low...did have a whole hop plug up the racking arm...but I was right at 5 gallons in the keg when that happened...probably left about .25 gallons of beer left..and the rest was all the trub, yeast, and hops.

I think the racking arm could be improved by allowing to go downwards from horizontal position and having it longer so it reaches center

Best part about stainless...super easy to clean....all the left overs just slid right out...a little rinse of some hot water and wipe it clean with a cloth...no build up what so ever.

Not sure I ever want to use one of my carboy's or buckets again...plan on buying some more.

I have more pictures but can't load at the moment

Pictures of racking off the beer....planning on transfering a blonde ale to the bucket tonight with about 5-7lbs worth of fruit

bucket1.JPG

bucket2.JPG

bucket3.JPG

bucket4.JPG

bucket5.JPG

Looks good! How did the racking arm do? Did you have much beer left in the bottom? From the picture it doesn't look like much. I going to get one of these as soon as they are back in stock.

Looks good! How did the racking arm do? Did you have much beer left in the bottom? From the picture it doesn't look like much. I going to get one of these as soon as they are back in stock.

Given all the hopgunk is on one side, I'm guessing he titled it to get the beer to the diptube...same thing I do with my better bottles with rotating diptube.

You guys really need to quite bumping this thread...im going to have to pull the trigger and order soon.

Got one of these a few weeks back, anxious to brew with it next week. I was just happy to be fermenting in stainless. For some reason the convencience of that port for kegging didn't really hit me until reading this thread. Suddenly I realized, no more auto-siphon!

Given all the hopgunk is on one side, I'm guessing he titled it to get the beer to the diptube...same thing I do with my better bottles with rotating diptube.

You guys really need to quite bumping this thread...im going to have to pull the trigger and order soon.

That picture is the bucket on its side as I was cleaning it out....didn't really need to tilt it get the beer out...I always brew up 5.5 gallon batches and cound on losing a little.

Everytime my phone alerts me that I have a new email I hope it's an invoice for one of these....everytime my phone alerts me I am so disapointed.....

Seems people in CA have the best shot at getting selected during the free shipping promo.

Here's mine with a modded lid doing a pressurized transfer.

This was a test run. Still need to add a pop off valve for safety. At 2 psi it moved a gallon in a reasonable time.

I wish the valve was a size bigger though.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388269223.836296.jpg

Here's mine with a modded lid doing a pressurized transfer.

This was a test run. Still need to add a pop off valve for safety. At 2 psi it moved a gallon in a reasonable time.

I wish the valve was a size bigger though.

That's what I wanted to see! Would you be comfortable at 5 psi based on your experience at 2? I would love to be able to either filter or randal right out of the fermenter.

Just had time to play with it again. The lid seal starts to leak at 4 psi. At 3 psi I moved a gallon up about 2 feet in 2 minutes. So, 10 minutes for a five gallon batch. I'm used to a 1/2" auto siphon, so it seems slow, but it'll work just fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388331477.414388.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388331492.180263.jpg

So did anyone manage to snag one of these tonight. They sold out within a minute or two from what I saw. I wasn't getting one but a friend was trying to...

So did anyone manage to snag one of these tonight. They sold out within a minute or two from what I saw. I wasn't getting one but a friend was trying to...

There was a website error showing no stock, but there still have them. Here is what they just sent a few minutes ago in an email:

TRAFFIC HEAVY TO SITE / READ THIS

Quick note… the inventory tracking is crashing every couple of minutes… We are having to manually update inventory , so if you see "stock out" then don't give up … refresh and check again.

We'll send a note when this batch is gone, but within 5 minutes we had a hundred orders pop in, basically crashing our site ...

Sorry - but just quick note! Back into inventory now to deal with that!!

Cheers
Team Ss

I got mine as well. Kicked me out saying "sold out" part way through my order, but I refreshed the page a couple times and they came back up and I got my order through the second time around. Blind luck that I happened to check my e-mail about the time they sent out the first e-mail saying they were putting them up. Better go tell my wife I just bought myself some more x-mas presents:)

I just completed my order! Can't believe I got one. The site kept on crashing and I had to keep reentering my info. Finally got the confirmation email.

Looks like they might be cleaned out now...bummer as I had one ready to order but looks like they're either not shipping to Canada anymore or didn't update their billing for Canada...good news is with a product this popular maybe it will encourage more product just like this at these great prices!

Yeah I managed to snag one after going through checkout about 5 times. So excited.

I never got the email with the link to the store. Just the updates. Seems like they sold out quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

It was about 5:15 here when I checked my email and I went right to the site. After trying for a while I got to the second page of the order site one time and entered my shipping info then, BAM! Out of stock and never got that far again. I thought I was going to have to cancel my order with MoreBeer for a speidel I bought this morning but oh well, I'll just wait till Jan. I needed the brewing salts anyway.

Glad some people scored here.

Out of curiosity, for those that have received buckets already - how long did it take from when you ordered til they showed up at your door?

What is the advantage of having a rotatable racking arm? Would it not work the same if it was fixed in the down position?

Thanks,

Phil

What is the advantage of having a rotatable racking arm? Would it not work the same if it was fixed in the down position?

Thanks,

Phil

The concept behind a rotatable racking arm is to allow the user to draw clear sediment free beer all the way down to the bed of trub. Since this bed can vary in size you can cease rotation once you start to see sediment. I will say from my reading into conicals (I just bought two) rotatable racking arms aren't very effective. Perhaps my opinion will change once I start using mine but for now I went without.

The concept behind a rotatable racking arm is to allow the user to draw clear sediment free beer all the way down to the bed of trub. Since this bed can vary in size you can cease rotation once you start to see sediment. I will say from my reading into conicals (I just bought two) rotatable racking arms aren't very effective. Perhaps my opinion will change once I start using mine but for now I went without.

interesting. Do you have the link to any articles on the subject? I was thinking it would be extremely effective... kind of like holding the siphon above the yeast cake,except it would be more steady

interesting. Do you have the link to any articles on the subject? I was thinking it would be extremely effective... kind of like holding the siphon above the yeast cake,except it would be more steady

I'll have to look into it but I saw mention of it while reading about brewhemoths and utilizing the more beer racking arm with it. The brew buckets maybe different but other brand conical users were agreeing it seemed. The concept is sound it's just when you put it into real world practice it's hard to discern when the beer starts to turn cloudy quick enough to make its use effective. In that same thread it was mentioned the big boys usually skip the rotating racking arm as well but I haven't looked into that claim.

Edited to add here is the link
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/racking-arm-brewhemoth-243552/

The rotating racking arm on my better bottle is a dream. But there you have the benefit of a see through carboy. I'm guessing that with this SS vessel, you'd want to start the drain with the racking arm pointed up, your hand on the valve handle, and tour eyes on the descending beer. When you see the tip of the racking arm starting to poke out of the beer or you hear air, you start rotating the arm, while you stay ready to shutoff the valve. (The last step is to tilt the vessel to scavenge as much beer as you can)

The only ***** i could see is if you have too much trub to overwhelm the arm, but if there is .7 gallons of dead space, I'd like to think that's enough.

I'll have to look into it but I saw mention of it while reading about brewhemoths and utilizing the more beer racking arm with it. The brew buckets maybe different but other brand conical users were agreeing it seemed. The concept is sound it's just when you put it into real world practice it's hard to discern when the beer starts to turn cloudy quick enough to make its use effective. In that same thread it was mentioned the big boys usually skip the rotating racking arm as well but I haven't looked into that claim.

I could see how it would be hard to determine the clarity of the beer as it flows through a vinyl hose. Whenever I pour a cloudy beer through the cobra line, it always looks clear until hits the glass. I think I will pop the top of the brewbucket while racking and just keep the tube right below the surface of the beer :mug:

Anyone have any practical feedback on its use yet? Lot of unboxing remarks but I care more about how it works, pluses minuses, things you like about it, how it fits into your brewing/fermenting program, cleaning, things you don't like or would mod or fix, and so in. Is it to early for this sort of feedback?

Anyone have any practical feedback on its use yet? Lot of unboxing remarks but I care more about how it works, pluses minuses, things you like about it, how it fits into your brewing/fermenting program, cleaning, things you don't like or would mod or fix, and so in. Is it to early for this sort of feedback?

I think I did a good job of documenting my experience through out this thread...

It works like any other fermenting vessel...does a good job of collecting all the trub so when you rack you don't have to worry about that really the big advantage over using a standard carboy or bucket. Being stainless it was crazy easy to clean

I will use this for beers that call for a lot of trub...heavy dry hopping and fruit beers...after racking an IPA I've already transferred a blonde ale into it with 6lbs of apricots

I'm planning on buying another

Latest posts

Back