Ordering Yeast. Ice pack or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
SO who has ordered a yeast vial or packet without a ice pack? I usually don't bother in the winter but what everyones feelings on the summer?

Yay or Nay?

Has anyone not ordered the ice pack and had problems?

CHeers

I get my yeast from the LHBS, and this time of the year they give an ice pack do you van make it home without killing the yeast. Since we're starting to creep up on 100 deg temps I'd get an ice pack for shipping.

Yay.....Ordered yeast from AHS with the ice pack took three days to get to my house and the ice pck was melted and the bag was warm. The day before brew day I made a starter and everything was all good. If I would've got the ice pak I shutter to think of what would have happened to my little guys with no ice pack.

igotsand said:
Read this thread....
Dont be this guy :drunk:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/really-midwest-supplies-334396/

I say yes....

igotsand

Haha yeah I saw this guys thread. I wasn't sure how to get the ice pack from Midwest the first time i otdered from them until I asked. There is no stupid question in homebrewing. Just ask.

FYI I was def going to put the ice pack in with it. I was just seeing how everyone else felt about it.

Thanks all! Cheers

Haha yeah I saw this guys thread. I wasn't sure how to get the ice pack from Midwest the first time i otdered from them until I asked. There is no stupid question in homebrewing. Just ask.

FYI I was def going to put the ice pack in with it. I was just seeing how everyone else felt about it.

Thanks all! Cheers

One other thing. If you order yeast during the summer don't order on Thursday or Friday. That is a sure way to make sure your yeast sits in a HOT warehouse over the whole weekend.
If I am ordering yeast I generally order Sunday-Tuesday depending on who it is.

Back