Android Apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got Brewzor also. I especially like that I can import my recipes from Beer smith.

I have Brewzor and Homebrew Calculator and use Brewzor exclusively. It's quite a nice app (from someone who has only ever done calculations by hand before this).

This gets asked often, and yeah Brewzor is the best I've found and it's free. The developer is supposedly working on Brewzor2 but has a busy life and it's taking a while. But ever since I switched to all grain Brewzor is now an invaluable tool for me!

Rev.

Brezor is great, except I had a question for the developer that went unanswered, which was disappointing. Brew timer is nice as well. Just listen for a beep and add hops.

Using BrewR right now for it simplicity. For me, working off a small screen and keyboard, I find that creating a recipe is about all I want to do. I've downloaded some of the others, but have not yet tried them on brewday.

Brewzor really doesn't like my new ICS phone.....

Yeah, I noticed it crashed fairly often with the Nexus. Mostly when looking at the Styles portion of the app. Still good enough to use.

I use Kitchen Timer for my adds. I have a brewing timer, but honestly, it's way easier to just punch in times and push Start instead of plugigng in which one is for this hop add, or a Whirlfloc... I have a printed out recipe that I take notes on and reference during the brew, so timers going off without messages is fine.

Stephonovich said:
Yeah, I noticed it crashed fairly often with the Nexus. Mostly when looking at the Styles portion of the app. Still good enough to use.

I use Kitchen Timer for my adds. I have a brewing timer, but honestly, it's way easier to just punch in times and push Start instead of plugigng in which one is for this hop add, or a Whirlfloc... I have a printed out recipe that I take notes on and reference during the brew, so timers going off without messages is fine.

Couldn't get yeast starter calculations to work on my Gnex....

I use brewr for recipe formulation and brewzor for the calculators and specific info. I'll also run it on hopville, ez water, and brunwater on my computer and print it out for brew day to take notes. I can't justify buying any software yet with all the valuable free stuff out there. Thanks app and software developers! Homebrews on me if you guys are ever in the Houston area.

Back