Liquid Yeast - Not refrigerated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eighteez

Reaction score
I got my order from Midwest Brewing Supplies...

I wasnt told that the liquid yeast needed fermented upon arrival. (I'm new at this)

Anyway, the shipment arrived on Tue or Wed of last week. I didnt have time to get it unpacked until yesterday.

Yes, the liquid yeast that came with 3 of the 4 recipes I ordered sat on my porch for one day and in the house at 76 degrees for 4 days...

Is this going to be a problem?

Shouldn't be. I've had liquid yeast shipped to me from Midwest several times now and they've sat on my front porch in less than ideal temperatures. The main thing you need to do is make a starter (which should be done with liquid yeast anyway) before you pitch. I make starters for all my batches and never had a problem. If the yeast do happen to be dead, you can always pitch more.

Make a starter for the yeast as this is a recommended practice with liquid yeast. It will give you a better beer and will also prove to you that the yeast is viable and ready to work.

Latest posts

Back