x-mas has came early!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
So i am sitting at home watchin t.v. Got the BBQ going with some nice ribs. Head outside to get my siphon hose out of my rig...Since my auto siphon broke today....But thats anouther story.....

Here is one of my co-workers standing at my door.
He says, I know you were looking for plywood for your kegerator..but i think i have something better for you than wood.

I am thinking o.k what a cooler???? Get out there and he pulls out 2 5 gal corny kegs in mint condition....

Says here ya go, Found them and the store wanted to trash them... Thought you could use um.

I was like a kid in the candy store!!!!
Opened them up and WOW!!! They reak of moldy old pepsi or somethin.... So they are soaking in oxy overnight....Put a new oring on them tomorrow and see what we got.

Funny thing is, I bought 2 cornys today cause i needed more. Talk about my lucky day!!! :ban:

So up to 6 cornys now....Only half way there to completing my goal.

He is a awsome freind. Couldnt ask for better.
Sad thing is, He doesnt drink beer. So cant trade him beer.

Tell you what, I am like a kid in a candy store. They cleaned up like new. Have to replace one of the out valves.. The center of the ball valve is gone. Kinda wierd but hey, Easy to replace and not that spendy. Tell you what tho...Soaking overnight in oxy worked like a champ. A little bit of scrubbing with the carboy brush and they brand shinny new lookin. But 3 year old pepsi....WOW does it stink!!!!!!

Back