Temperatures after bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatman

Reaction score
I finished bottling some brew earlier. Should I still keep the bottles at the same temperatures I kept my primary at (68 - 72F)? I assume you want to keep the temperatures consistent at least for a few weeks after bottling. Is that right or if my temps get up to 74 - 75 F or get in the low 60's will it negatively affect it?

Thanks.

i brewed an amber ale in february --- did not have enough storage anywhere inside my house or fridge

i left the bottles in my garage until August --- temperatures ranged from 65 degree's to 95 degree's --- not a single beer turned (can't really say that -- out of 5 gallons i still have one left i haven't tasted)

meatman said:
I finished bottling some brew earlier. Should I still keep the bottles at the same temperatures I kept my primary at (68 - 72F)? I assume you want to keep the temperatures consistent at least for a few weeks after bottling. Is that right or if my temps get up to 74 - 75 F or get in the low 60's will it negatively affect it?

You are correct. Keep your bottles at fermentation temps or a little warmer for 3 weeks or so until they carb up.

Its OK for the temps to get into the mid 70's. I'm not sure what would happen if they go as low as the lower 60's, because that has never happened to me, but I bet they will be OK.

Back