Brew World - Beer Locator App

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtrav

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Of the heels of releasing the BCJP app to blackberry a few months back, I have been working on another project since October which I hope will be incredibly useful to us BlackBerry users. What I have created is Brew World (name pending approval from RIM).

What I have is a listing of every brewery and brewpub across the US which integrates with your phone's GPS chip to locate the closest brewery to your current location. Out of GPS service or don't have GPS functionality enabled? No problem, because you can also search by Address (City/State or ZIP), Brewery Name, or Beer Name.

Each user has the ability for users to add, rate, and review every brewery and/or beer. All you need is an account which can be created from the app. Unless you live in CA, the listing of beers is going to be a bit slim. The project is still in it's infancy and I am hoping users will be willing to add beers to the database as they use the app.

The app was submitted to RIM earlier this week and is pending approval on their end. When it goes live it will be 99 cents through AppWorld.

If there are any comments/feedback/feature requests, I would love to hear them. Images of the app in use can be found on my website at www.zymware.com

Back