Whats everyone drinking tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irie5447

Reaction score
Just curious to see who's drinking what this fine evening. I picked up a sixer of Pyramid Hefe and a corked bottle of Chimay blue! Should be a good night even though I'm just sittin around with the wife and dogs.:mug:

I have one test bottle of my pale ale I brewed up a couple months ago. If it's ready, more will be filling my fridge. :D

My blonde ale, my DFH IPA clone, and my amber ale. I can't decide, so I'm going back and forth. The problem is that the IPA is came in at 7.45% ABV, so if I stick with that, I'll be drunk too fast.

I’m going for “Knick Knack Paddy Wack Ozzy Red.” wine; with nachos baby! I know it’s not beer but I got my fill at the Allagash brewery yesterday. And its damn tasty for $10 a bottle.

just finished my last 3 SN Torpedo. Anyone from Minnesota that can recommend some local brews? I'm in Chaska, Mn for work...

I dont have a clue. I found two bottles downstairs in the basement today. My guess is that they are most likely 6-7 years old.

Wife bought herself a few bottles of wine and came home with a bottle of Devil Dog IIPA (Laughing Dog) for me.

"The Devil Dog will chew you up and leave you wimpering for more. At 98 IBU and with 7 pounds of hops. . . "

Downed a couple of bombers of my American Wheat (lots of Amarillo hops) before this and I'm just not getting the double part of the this Devil Dog. I'm not tasting the 98 IBU. More of a sweet malty caramel . . . I don't know, but not a IIPA.

But it's getting hard to read the lable :drunk:

Good night . . .
Damn how'm I going to stay up till one ??????

Well since I just finished brewing a Kolsch I thought I'd drink a few while brewing. The French Broad Gateway Kolsch from Asheville, NC. After I finished brewing I moved to Anchor Liberty Ale.

Drinking the first bomber from a SMaSH I brewed. Vienna + Simcoe=yummy. Definitely liking the Piney/Citrus that Simcoe brings, and Vienna gives a great Malt backbone. It just needs to be bigger. I think next time I'll shoot for 1.060 and maybe 45 IBU's. This one came out at 1.042 and 32 IBU's, but I missed my target of 1.050.

I already got drunk on homebrew earlier today, sobered up, and now I'm on my second buzz. I drank some mickey's (I think that stuff is actually good) and now I'm topping it off with a little knob creek bourbon.

About to crack open and Oaked Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide. Going to enjoy that while setting up my equipment to brew a braggot tomorrow.

APA 45. 45 minute boil, 45 IBUs, ain't no 45/50 though. APA 35 may suit my palette better next time.

Of course it didn't keep me from having enough to get PLOWED!!

Sly Fox Pikeland Pils, out of a can, no less! :D

SF_Pikeland.jpg

Might have a small sample of my APA which is in secondary right now to see what five days of dry hopping has done to it so far. Other than that, I'm thinking about having a Nøgne Ø/Dugges Sahti.

A nice dry and hoppy IPA is what it takes to cut through the butter.

I love an IPA, but when eating crabs in Maryland, you can't get fancy with beer. I think the State standard for crab eating beer is either Natty Boh or Miller Lite. I stepped it up with the BLL. The IPA comes tonight. :)

OK, I had a homebrew IPA and a sweetwater IPA at dinner tonight with brats. Both were awesome!

I started with a Boulevard Pale Ale after mowing, and now I'm on a Bully Porter. I'll probably have a couple of New Belgian Tripels tonight for dessert.

While brewing some pumpkin ale, I had a few Highland Brewing's Cattail Organic Wheats, a few Duckfoot Brewing's Pale Ales, and after my slow smoked gorgonzola apple walnut stuffed pork loin w/ roasted fingerling potatoes, I cracked a bottle of Saison Dupont... Ahhh... Good times...

Back