Colorado Brewing System kettle quality?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed Tim with a couple of questions, he said the pots are 1mm thick.

Anyone have experience with their whirlpool 90 fitting for 1.5 TC? I'm shopping for a new MLT and BK. CBS is the front runner for my new MLT, but I'm trying to figure out if my chugger pump will whirlpool effectively with their fitting. As best I can tell the diameter is 1", and all my rubbing is 1/2". I'm worried there would be very little velocity with their whirlpool fitting.

Any first hand experience with it?

It seems like you can't beat the prices on these kettles. Anyone else do some brews with theirs? They don't have that 1:2:1 ratio I like, but that's ok. I want certain features that these guys seem to be willing to provide for less than anyone else.

And $20 shipping to Hawaii? Yes please!

I placed an order for a 15 gallon ebiab style kettle, with a sight tube. I'm looking forward to getting it and when I do I'll get some pictures put up on here.

They certainly are competitively priced....especially the basic BIAB system .....considering a GrainFather is $900....and this looks to be much better quality than the GF.....

Have you found an answer about the whirlpool efficiency? Im about to buy this baby!!!

Tim offered to do a whirlpool fitting with 1/2 tubbing, which I think is a good solution. I'm waiting for a bottom drain MLT from him, and I'm very excited for it. Still deciding on what to do for a new BK.

Back