Would Anyone be interested in a Growler exchange?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone would be interested in say, starting a list for a growler exchange? All of the brew pubs in my area have their own unique labeled growlers. I feel it would be neat to have a growler from another state, with that particuler brew pubs name on it. I use growlers all the time for my home brew, and would like growlers from another pub/state.

Few years ago, I participated in a similiar exchange of motorcycle shop T shirts. We compiled a list of people who were interested, arranged them so that you bought a shirt for the person above you on the list and recieved one from the person below you. Of course, there was a bit of work in getting the shirt sizes down, but for an empty growler, its alot easier. Just have to make sure youre getting a growler for an area usually unavilable to you.

I just came back from the easter side of Michigans Upper penninsula, and missed my chance to get a growler from tahquamenon falls brewery. It was then that I thought about posting a possible exchange on this site.

Soooooo.......anyone interested? I'd volunteer to hande the list. We'd have to have a few basic rules, or guidelines, (we would be shipping glass after all), but I think it would be a neat thing to set up.

( if this has been done before, feel free to hit me with a wet carp)

Back