Pick my first home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew30

Reaction score
I'm looking to do my first home brew I want to do extract but don't know what to do first I want a quick turnaround so I can brew and have it soon I'm looking for a good session beer can you guys help ... You pick it ill brew it

Thanks everyone

My first extract brew and first all grain brews were nut brown ales so I would suggest a nut brown ale. As a bonus, it's a pretty forgiving style and kind of difficult to screw up too bad.

My first batch was terrible, but if you're reading this site, then yours will be awesome. My second batch was great! Get Northern Brewer's ESB extract kit. It's pretty much impossible to mess up and makes a delicious batch of ale. Sanitize well, control your fermentation temperature, and you'll have excellent beer.

Northern Brewers T-Can & Bearcats Wheaton Beatdown, the kit is relatively inexpensive, and it's a 4 week kit. I did one week in primary, one in secondary, then I kegged, and force carbonated, and it was quick easy, and an extremely drinkable session beer at about 4.9% ABV. I'm going to brew it again but kick up the ABV by 1% or so with perhaps some honey, and add some flavor with some orange zest. Give it a try, it delicious.

my first homebrew was a hefeweizen. It came out AMAZING. you can't screw them up - they are supposed to be cloudy, fruity, tons of esters, and yeasty. One hop addition, it seriously can't get any easier and the product is outstanding.

My favorite extract kit I did was a cream ale. Brewers best I think. A cream ale would definitely be a good session beer.

Back