Beer troubleshooting in ROC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misfitskulz

Reaction score
I just moved here and have been getting more into brewing, but everyone I know that brews knows less than I (which isn't much) and lives back west.

I've been getting bitterness from the beers I've been brewing lately that shouldn't be there. Could it be the water? I assume not, but I'm not sure. I just kegged up a Bavarian wheat and it's awfully bitter. Could it be from pulling too much trube when racking? Is there a way to remedy it now?
Thanks

Bittering will usall only come from on source and that is hops. I'm not saying that there isn't something else going on here but maybe some easy fixes are the AA units in your brewing software or a scale issue. If you would like to bring some of the beer in question and the recipe to the local home brew club's meeting i would be more than happy to taste it and give you some feedback. We meet the second Wednesday of the month at Bathtub Billy's in Greece.

Latest posts

Back