Do All Towers Use the Same Size Shanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grassafrass

Reaction score
I have a kegerator I got off of CL for $50. I want a dual-faucet tower so I can dispense two different homebrews at once, but I don't want to drop $100+ on a new one.
I decided to try to add another shank/faucet to the tower I have, and I have already drilled a second hole in the column, and moved the existing shank/faucet, leaving the original hole ready for a new elbow/gooseneck shank. Here's my question - do all towers use the same size shanks? My tower is an older model, and is the 2 1/2" diameter...

I can order a replacement tower shank from a local shop, but I'd like to know if it's going to fit.... I'm referring to the size of the shank diameter, meaning will I have to make the hole in the tower bigger to fit, or do all towers use the same size shank?......

Thanks for any info...

I ordered an elbow shank from micromatic... and the answer is, no, they are not all the same size. The new one was 7/8" diameter, the old one (that came with the tower) was much smaller (I believe it was 3/8"). But the good news is that they both fit on my 2 1/2" tower, and now I have a dual faucet tower. I have read there is not enough room, but I had no problem. Hopefully it will still cool the tower properly, or I will run a glycol line.

I love it!

I used it at a party last weekend, and the tower cools just fine (forms condensation). I think there is even enough room to add a 3rd shank/faucet, but the tower will definitely need to be glycol cooled at that point.

You do know that having a conversation with yourself is a sure sign of a sick mind don't you? You will fit in just fine here!

Talking to myself... a Sick mind... that's what all those doctors told me at the State Hospital after my Toenail Clipper Accident... but they'll soon realize my genius when I have my own brewery , and it is run by little orange workers, and they ride candy boats down rivers of beer... it's not so crazy...

What I'm saying is, I guess I'm trying to drink the voices away... and thanks for understanding.

Talking to myself... a Sick mind... that's what all those doctors told me at the State Hospital after my Toenail Clipper Accident... but they'll soon realize my genius when I have my own brewery , and it is run by little orange workers, and they ride candy boats down rivers of beer... it's not so crazy...

What I'm saying is, I guess I'm trying to drink the voices away... and thanks for understanding.

BWAAAHAAAHAAA! You have to be Laughing Gnome posting under another username! Yup, you are going to do just fine here. :D

Back