What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to miss this view when I finally do move. (But I will probably get a lot more work done.)

This was the sunrise yesterday.

It's paradise if you don't mind wearing a jacket 75% of the year.

The new house is just about ready to live in, I've moved twice this year, temp places to be closer to work while the new house was being built but couldn't stand apartment living, even short term. So I always ended up back here. If it were big enough for a family and 2 dogs I'd consider staying, and dealing with a long commute, but with baby channel ready to make her debut soon, I have to actually move this time.

Dude that's amazing.... Where do you live?

I'm going to miss this view when I finally do move. (But I will probably get a lot more work done.)

This was the sunrise yesterday.

3662899_zps842ac2c1.jpg

It's paradise if you don't mind wearing a jacket 75% of the year.

The new house is just about ready to live in, I've moved twice this year, temp places to be closer to work while the new house was being built but couldn't stand apartment living, even short term. So I always ended up back here. If it were big enough for a family and 2 dogs I'd consider staying, and dealing with a long commute, but with baby channel ready to make her debut soon, I have to actually move this time.

Beautiful picture

At the moment I'm drinking coffee, thinking of grabbing a beer before I start the sparge.

Boy,what a morning. Had coffee @ 5:43AM to pick my son up from job #2. Computer crashed when I clicked on a history video last night. Fixed that,Then the mouse fubared after new virus scanner+ downloaded. Had to go back out this morning for another mouse,but Best Buy doesn't open till 10AM. Damn. So I go to Micky D's for some value time breakfast & sit back & wait. Got a Dynex mouse for $8.51. Good enough. No wireless around these people. So I was finally able to use the priming calculator for the beer I'd have had bottled up by now. Gunna be a long day now with a couple other things that gotta happen...:drunk:

WesleyS..................2,695
NIZZLE..................2,460
TNGabe..................2,128
mcbaumannerb..........1,716
nukebrewer ..............1,570
Billy-Klubb...............1,554
Remmy....................1,518
Channel66..............1,328
DisturbdChemist ......1,322
Allenh.................... 1,198
Fuzzymittenbrewing..1,085*
Qhrumphf...............1,070
tyzippers.................981
jonmohno................963
LoloMT7.................948
Ostomo517.............833*

Nuzz you're closing in on wes

*steroid era

Channel66 said:
WesleyS. 2,695
NIZZLE 2,460
TNGabe 2,128
mcbaumannerb. 1,716
nukebrewer 1,570
Billy-Klubb. 1,554
Remmy 1,518
Channel66. 1,328
DisturbdChemist 1,322
allenH 1,198
Fuzzymittenbrewing 1,085
Qhrumphf 1,070
tyzippers 981
jonmohno. 963
LoloMT7. 948
Ostomo517 833

Damn!
SNOZZLE, you need to slow down some. I can't lose my top spot. 235 posts can be completed in a good weekend. I know what must be done now. I need to get both of NIZZLE's hands disabled so he can't type for a while. ;)

Damn!
SNOZZLE, you need to slow down some. I can't lose my top spot. 235 posts can be completed in a good weekend. I know what must be done now. I need to get both of NIZZLE's hands disabled so he can't type for a while. ;)

There you go screwing up my count already :drunk:

Damn!

I suspect Snuggles will type with a stick in his mouth like Stephen Hawking if need be. It certainly wouldn't make his spelling any worse. :D

*steroid era

Crap Channel beat me.. Guess i need to start drinking during the week again lol

Haha, thanks for the tip. The wife left the sink full of dishes so I threw it in the fridge. 1.5 L of wort takes longer to chill in a fridge than one might think.

Last Sea Hag.

I did the exact same thing last night haha I was trying to chill it before I left to a buddy but ended up leaving it in there a few hours, It seemed to take forever!

On the coffee... Started work at 5am today and will be working till 7pm for some O/T. At least I work from home and can switch from coffee to beer once I empty the pot.

Looking at Channel's pictures makes me hate AZ so much more than I already did.

I did the exact same thing last night haha I was trying to chill it before I left to a buddy but ended up leaving it in there a few hours, It seemed to take forever!

Ice bath in a pot works well, ice bath in a pot, in the freezer works better, liquid co2 flash cool works best.

*steroid era

Steroid era....nice :D

I don't live near Philly silly!!

I know! So am I to assume one of those should fall into your box too?

I gotta stop buying such clumsy beer! They keep falling into other people's boxes. I should get some that stay on my shelf where they belong!! ;-)

What d'ya say Marky Mark?

*steroid era

Close to falling off THE list and out of history! I should really drink more and ignore work. Yeah. That sounds wonderful!! :D

Close to falling off THE list and out of history! I should really drink more and ignore work. Yeah. That sounds wonderful!! :D

That's what I'm doing today :mug: I'm about to crack one of Gabes berliners.

At least you don't have to worry about that ostomo person passing you

Getting things started as usual.

image-3011002094.jpg

Thank you, Mark. I like this beer. Wish it was a little more carbed, but still dig it. I am not getting a lot of spice. What yeast did you brew this with?

DisturbdChemist said:
Crap Channel beat me.. Guess i need to start drinking during the week again lol

No need to do that. Just do what I do to keep my post count up. I just BS around in here, comment on other people's pictures and post pictures I found on the Internet of beer to give the illusion I'm drinking. I haven't actually had a beer in 6 months. ;)

Gabes peche Berliner.

20131011_122102_zps454a38a2.jpg

Hot damn moooooore. The first haul will make you pucker, so tasty. Good work gabe!

Glad you like it. Didn't carb up for some reason, I think it might be too acidic for refermentation, I'm not sure. I'm taking a new direction on my berliners and they will hopefully be more balanced and actually taste like a berliner and not a liquid warhead. The blackberry version should actually be bubbly and is much better.

Those both have the Cantillon brett I sent if you want to try and culture it from the blackberry, I'd imagine it's pretty stress mutated.

Glad you like it. Didn't carb up for some reason, I think it might be too acidic for refermentation, I'm not sure. I'm taking a new direction on my berliners and they will hopefully be more balanced and actually taste like a berliner and not a liquid warhead. The blackberry version should actually be bubbly and is much better.

I actually just described it to the wife as a peach warhead.

I like my Berliners mostly flat to be honest. Though I haven't had one in awhile

Getting things started as usual.

Thank you, Mark. I like this beer. Wish it was a little more carbed, but still dig it. I am not getting a lot of spice. What yeast did you brew this with?

That's as carbed as it will get - I screwed it up and went for 2.3 volumes instead of 3. That was fermented with 3726.

Gabes peche Berliner.
Hot damn moooooore. The first haul will make you pucker, so tasty. Good work gabe!

That's on my agenda for this weekend ... as a precaution I'll make a batch of simple syrup tonight :)

Latest posts

Back