This is my baby...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snisleziggy

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and home brewing in general, so I don't have any brew pictures to show. So in lieu of that, I decided I'd post a picture of my other love....My '66 Mustang. I've been working on it for over 6 years now. (Work never stops on a classic car.) It was quite a mess when I started. Had to restore the whole thing basically. Originally it had a straight 6 in it, which I upgraded to a 302. I've also added disk brakes and a gorgeous black and white pony interior.(I'll have to take some pictures.) Lots of other things have been done as well, like a CD player, speakers, and what not. I honestly can't remember all the work I've done. I'm eventually wanting to tint the windows slightly and upgrade my headlights to better ones. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do though. Anyone else have a nice classic that they love?

S2010019.jpg

Nice dood, that looks really clean. I Bought a 67 w/ 289 from my grandma that sat in her garage for 15years. it was perfect to restore, perfect interior, straight. I sold it couple years ago, needed $, damn I wish I still had it.:rockin:

Yeah, I'm glad I've held on to mine. The sad thing is, after I finally got it back from the paint shop, within 6 months I was rear ended by a guy who wasn't paying attention. So then I had to send it back and get the whole rear end sanded and repainted.

I've owned my 66 Mustang GT since I was 17.... 12 years later I just had her repainted and have been building a sweet 5.0 HO roller cam for her she should be done in the next 2 weeks!

My 69 Hardtop is sitting in my garage, ready to get more welding and grinding done. She's just sheetmetal and glass right now. Seems like every time I have a minute to work on her, I end up brewing instead. She had a 250 I6, but I got a sweet deal on a 351W that mic'ed to spec, so no machining required. Just a re-ring and bearings/seals.

Meanwhile, my FIL's 67 Cougar is practically ready for paint. He's got a 302/C4 going into that. He got it practically complete for free from a guy who's son wasn't interested in restoring it. So the dad just up and gave it away. (It didn't have a motor or trans at the time, because the dad used it in his Mustang, but my FIL got a decent motor from a Mustang II junker and had it bored .30 over.)

Man I got to get the welder going my Mustang!

Nice Stang had a 70 Mach I in the 80's also had a 87 5.0

here a couple of mine
66 true SS 396
66SS396.jpg

1960 Tbird 352ci 3 spd with overdrive
60bird.jpg

1962 Lark 289 V-8 Studebaker not ford :D
wedding.jpg

I have several others

I'm new to the site and home brewing in general, so I don't have any brew pictures to show. So in lieu of that, I decided I'd post a picture of my other love....My '66 Mustang. I've been working on it for over 6 years now. (Work never stops on a classic car.) It was quite a mess when I started. Had to restore the whole thing basically. Originally it had a straight 6 in it, which I upgraded to a 302. I've also added disk brakes and a gorgeous black and white pony interior.(I'll have to take some pictures.) Lots of other things have been done as well, like a CD player, speakers, and what not. I honestly can't remember all the work I've done. I'm eventually wanting to tint the windows slightly and upgrade my headlights to better ones. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do though. Anyone else have a nice classic that they love?

S2010019.jpg

That Jeep is AWESOME! Too bad it's blocked in the pic by that POS Ford. :p

That is a very nice studie springer!I imagine pretty rare. Hell they're all nice, I'll post a pic of my "classic"

Nice! I started doing a restoration of a Model A for a GF, but when I told her $15K for a $4000 final product, she decided not to proceed.

69 AMX I have owned this car since 1977 it was my senior year car
390 ci 4spd with 4:10 rear
1969amx.jpg

My everyday ride

DODGEAFTER-1.jpg

the Springer
springerdw.jpg

the group
silveradogroup.jpg

V-Star Silverado
silver.jpg

I basically stole this bike guy bought it for his wife she rode it one year went down, minor damage but she wouldn't get on it again

My soon to be classic H2O cooled VeeDub

Side1.jpg

Can't believe I don't have a better pic hosted somewhere.

Funny how brewing and cars go together. There's always an excuse to spend money and there's always room for improvement of some sort.

Some nice rides in here.....

Sorry I haven't been replying on my thread much. Finally received all my brewing equipment and brewed my first batch. So I've been pretty busy with that. So far so good, as far as the brew goes. On another note, I've seen some VERY nice rides in this thread. I can't wait to see if anything else gets posted. Happy brewing everyone!

Nice, congrats on brewing success! This is a good thread, you guys have some very nice rides.:mug:

Back