Breweriana Make A Wish!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated list

T-shirt size - Brewers Medium ( XL )

I have an obsession with glassware, including growlers, so I prefer that, but am not opposed to anything else.

Tallgrass
Russian River
Tired Hands
The Alchemist
Surly
Jester King
Widmer Brothers
Deschutes
Allagash
Weyerbacher
The Bruery
Ommegang

2014 KBS Glass
Cigar City Snifter
New Glarus Pilsner Glass
Devils Backbone Willi Becker Glass
Great Divide - Cervoise Glass
Praire Artisan - Tulip Glass

Won't be able to join for a bit, but I can get Jackie 'Os (20 min away), Fat Heads, Great Lakes, Brew Kettle, and Hoppin Frog and any Columbus brewery stuff on the regular from visiting other areas often. I may be broke and unable to fulfill at all times but I figured it may be good to bring up what is available from others for ideas. Same goes for beer if anyone wants to trade.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Awesome idea.

Tried to get something like this started last year and no one budged.
Looks like were getting a lot more traffic from other sites now which make this possible

Sub'd for now.

Question: "T-shirt size - Brewers Medium ( XL )"
Is this true sizing? Would explain how i fit into a Small at nightshift when im usually a medium

One suggestion I have for anybody who thinks they can grant a list, but has a question for the bearer of the list, post in the thread that you're PMing them as well as PMing them your question. That way, the list is held for you until the question is answered and the grant is confirmed or denied based on the answer to your question.

Sent from a happy place where March madness doesn't exist

IMO the thread should flow as is. If someone has to ask a question about the master list (which is in no way a bad thing) and someone else can grant it i dont see why waiting for the answer to come helps the thread going.

Tottaly up to you though since your the guy that created this sickness!! haha:rockin:

Cheers guys!

EDIT: On a side note i think the "surprise" element is the most fun in these threads, i wouldn't want someone to PM me asking if i want 2 specific glasses but i also wouldn't want 2 glasses that i already have. This also goes back to the original post where you mention being specific, which i think we all should be...to a point of course.

Question: "T-shirt size - Brewers Medium ( XL )"
Is this true sizing? Would explain how i fit into a Small at nightshift when im usually a medium

I was at a rally event for the national home brewers association, and they were raffling off shirts and anytime they had an XL they were calling it "brewers medium". Just thought it was funny, and has always stuck with me.

IMO the thread should flow as is. If someone has to ask a question about the master list (which is in no way a bad thing) and someone else can grant it i dont see why waiting for the answer to come helps the thread going.

Tottaly up to you though since your the guy that created this sickness!! haha:rockin:

Cheers guys!

EDIT: On a side note i think the "surprise" element is the most fun in these threads, i wouldn't want someone to PM me asking if i want 2 specific glasses but i also wouldn't want 2 glasses that i already have. This also goes back to the original post where you mention being specific, which i think we all should be...to a point of course.

The reason for my suggestion is so the list is held for that person while they're waiting for their question to be answered. I agree, the element of surprise is great and it's nice to not know what your getting, but the question could be something as simple as asking if the current list holder doesn't mind waiting a little bit for the package to be shipped out. This will probably be the first place that person will look to see if their list has been granted, not their PMs. If they see in this thread that someone has PMed them, then they're more likely to check their messages. I don't know how it is on the android app, but on the iPhone app it's not so obvious when you have messages. So it's easy to skip over.
Over all, I just want to make sure that everyone that can participate has a chance to do so and no one is skipped over just because they have a question before confirming a grant.

Won't be able to join for a bit, but I can get Jackie 'Os (20 min away), Fat Heads, Great Lakes, Brew Kettle, and Hoppin Frog and any Columbus brewery stuff on the regular from visiting other areas often. I may be broke and unable to fulfill at all times but I figured it may be good to bring up what is available from others for ideas. Same goes for beer if anyone wants to trade.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

I think it's a great idea to give suggestions for current and future lists. Not everyone lives next to popular or nationally recognized breweries either. Doesn't mean they don't have some great merchandise. Most people would probably not think to list any breweries here in Houston, but a few of them have some pretty cool glasses.

I was at a rally event for the national home brewers association, and they were raffling off shirts and anytime they had an XL they were calling it "brewers medium". Just thought it was funny, and has always stuck with me.

I heard chip walton say it and almost labeled mine as a brewers small, but didnt want to confuse those out of the loop ;)

Updated list

I have an obsession with glassware, including growlers, so I prefer that, but am not opposed to anything else.

Tallgrass
Russian River
Tired Hands
The Alchemist
Surly
Jester King
Widmer Brothers
Deschutes
Allagash
Weyerbacher
The Bruery
Ommegang

2014 KBS Glass
Cigar City Snifter
New Glarus Pilsner Glass
Devils Backbone Willi Becker Glass
Praire Artisan - Tulip Glass

List bump

I would give this till tomorrow and maybe expand the list a little. I know it's still new and it's Monday, but maybe a few more additions might get the job done. Maybe add some breweries that are near some of the ones you have on your list. For example: Breweries that could go along with Jester King could be 512, Adelbert's, Austin Beerworks, ABGB, Thirsty Planet. And the same with some of the others.
That way one person is more likely to have access to two breweries.

Are we saying that the grant needs to be from 2 different breweries on the list? Or would 2 pieces of memorabilia from the same brewery be ok?
ie: a t-shirt and a snifter; or a growler and a glass; a tin placard and a teku...
I would think that 2 pcs of glassware from the same spot could be a little weak but fear this won't be a sustainable concept if it is too rigid.

Are we saying that the grant needs to be from 2 different breweries on the list? Or would 2 pieces of memorabilia from the same brewery be ok?
ie: a t-shirt and a snifter; or a growler and a glass; a tin placard and a teku...
I would think that 2 pcs of glassware from the same spot could be a little weak but fear this won't be a sustainable concept if it is too rigid.

Wes and I are working on the requirements going forward.

This would be a question for the current list holder.

I think most of us are in this for glassware, but I certainly could use a couple cool brewery tees. Bottle openers are always needed and stickers to cover the fridge. My wife loves beer flavored lip balm and beer soap.

So while we are mostly looking for glassware, it might be a good idea to look at the shops of your favorite breweries to see what swag they would have that you would want.

I'm going to weyerbacher this weekend. For me, it would be easy to get a t shirt, glass, bottle openers and stickers, but someone might not want all that from the same brewery. I think its best to pm the lister and see if thats acceptable for him/her. If they agree, fine.

I think you have to be able to grant 2 different items from a members list. If that member has any brewery t-shirt and also any brewery growler on the list, I would see it being fine to grant if both were from the same brewery. But if they have just list specific breweries glass etc., I would assume you could only count that was one off the list, despite possibly being able to send more then one thing from that brewery.

Also, I dont think anyone is going to get upset if someone throws in stickers or something that they didnt list. Be liberal with the extras from breweries, that should be the spirit behind this thread. :D

Updated my list to be more specific on the glassware I'm looking for.

Russian River - Stemmed Glass
Tired Hands - 10oz Glass
The Alchemist - Willi Becher Glass, Heady Stemless Glass
Surly - Pint Glass
Jester King - Stemware Glass
Deschutes - Snifter Glass, Pub Pilsner Glass, 20oz Pint Glass
Widmer Brothers - Masskrug Glass, Tulip Glass, or High End Glass
Allagash - Large or Small Chalice
New Glarus - Pilsner Glass
Devils Backbone - Willi Becker Glass
Praire Artisan - Tulip Glass, Teku Glass
Ommegang - Abbey Glass, Gilded Age of Beer Glass

Growlers from any of the above breweries
T-shirts from any of the above breweries

Hopefully this helps move it along.

Updated my list to be more specific on the glassware I'm looking for.

Russian River - Stemmed Glass
Tired Hands - 10oz Glass
The Alchemist - Willi Becher Glass, Heady Stemless Glass
Surly - Pint Glass
Jester King - Stemware Glass
Deschutes - Snifter Glass, Pub Pilsner Glass, 20oz Pint Glass
Widmer Brothers - Masskrug Glass, Tulip Glass, or High End Glass
Allagash - Large or Small Chalice
New Glarus - Pilsner Glass
Devils Backbone - Willi Becker Glass
Praire Artisan - Tulip Glass, Teku Glass
Ommegang - Abbey Glass, Gilded Age of Beer Glass

Growlers from any of the above breweries
T-shirts from any of the above breweries

Hopefully this helps move it along.

Alright, I will grant this.

Sent from my Commodore64

Hopefully this is easy, I'd love to keep this moving!

T-Shirt = XL

The Bruery
Cigar City
Jester King
Toppling Goliath
Surly
Pipeworks
Half Acre
Firestone Walker (not Proprietors snifter)
Prairie
Almanac
Kern River
Boat
Central Waters
Kuhnhenn
Jolly Pumpkin
Schlafly
Terrapin

I would love shirts, tekus, and can glasses over anything else. But would also appreciate any stemware or unique style glasses (no shaker or imperial pints please).

Sent from my Commodore64

T-Shirt = XL

The Bruery
Cigar City
Jester King
Toppling Goliath
Surly
Pipeworks
Half Acre
Prairie
Almanac
Kern River
Boat
Central Waters
Kuhnhenn
Jolly Pumpkin
Schlafly
Terrapin

I would love shirts, tekus, and can glasses over anything else. But would also appreciate any stemware or unique style glasses (no shaker or imperial pints please).

Sent from my Commodore64

Doing it right!

I have friends across Canada and the United States .. as such, I tell them about some of our local mini-brews available here and they would love to try them as well.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for shipping regulations of beer (bottles / cans / whatever) across provinces and across states?

:mug:

Edit: where the hell did this quote come from?

Go home HBT, you're drunk. ;)

T-Shirt = XL

The Bruery
Cigar City
Jester King
Toppling Goliath
Surly
Pipeworks
Half Acre
Prairie
Almanac
Kern River
Boat
Central Waters
Kuhnhenn
Jolly Pumpkin
Schlafly
Terrapin

Sent from my Commodore64

I thoight this was a pretty large list with some easily accessible breweries listed.

I will try to add a few:

Russian River
Westbrook
Troegs
Hill Farmstead
Tired Hands
Any can glass (except Founders)
Any mini-snifter
Any 22 oz snifter

If it lasts to the weekend I will probably take any domestic shaker pint that was swiped from the local applebees... :smack:

I thoight this was a pretty large list with some easily accessible breweries listed.
If it lasts to the weekend I will probably take any domestic shaker pint that was swiped from the local applebees... :smack:

Haha! I don't think you have to go to that extreme. This MAW is still new and we haven't even went through a full weekend, which is the time most people probably visit their local breweries. Give it some time and maybe research some breweries in the same area as some of the breweries you have listed just in case you have to add more.

yeah, I'm not even really being impatient, just want to get this thing moving.

I get your point on researching other breweries on an area, but I don't really want swag from a brewery unless I've tried there beers. I don't want to be a total poser you know? Which is too bad because places like night shift have some bad ass merch but I'm not going to rep a beer I've never had. Now if someone wants to send a few bottles or a full growler along for the ride, I'd be open to that! :mug:

Nothing wrong with being a beer poser. :p
I have a few glasses from breweries I've never had beer from. I just drink other brewery's beers and homebrew from them and imagine it's their beer. ;)

I will try to add a few:

Russian River
Westbrook
Troegs
Hill Farmstead
Tired Hands
Any can glass (except Founders)
Any mini-snifter
Any 22 oz snifter

I got this! Maw granted!

Back