I'm guessing my SWMBO is about to be upset

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kklowell

Reaction score
She's not a big fan of my brewing anyway, and this morning I'm about to bring home the brewstand I built this week. AND, in a bit over an hour I'm meeting a Craigslister to buy 50 feet of new 10-3 w/ground for $30 so I'll be bringing that home too. All together, looks like the doghouse for me..again.

She's not a big fan of my brewing anyway, and this morning I'm about to bring home the brewstand I built this week. AND, in a bit over an hour I'm meeting a Craigslister to buy 50 feet of new 10-3 w/ground for $30 so I'll be bringing that home too. All together, looks like the doghouse for me..again.

I'm fortunate, my swmbo is grateful that I have a hobby and she enjoys the end product (especially the sparkling cider).

I've wanted to ask for awhile now what exactly does SWMBO stand for I know it means wife or gf but what does the letters mean?

Oh...boy you had to ask without searching didn't you? :) I'd duck if I were you.

Ok, I'll start the shenannagains.....

Searching Would Maybe Be Advisable.

Shirley Will Make Bad Applepies.

Slutty Women Make Bad Ambassadors.

LOL

I've wanted to ask for awhile now what exactly does SWMBO stand for I know it means wife or gf but what does the letters mean?

Oh my, all those posts, all that beer experience, and you still asked before a thorough search. By the way, it's not just this forum, it's all over the net.

Painted and home (in the back yard)
DSC00344.jpg

So you can always just stick a mattress on it in the doghouse and use it as a platfrom bed I guess. ;)

Looks cool. But I guess if you don't post for awhile we'll know that swmbo found it. You wanna pm me your adress so we can have the coronor pick up your body? ;)

Something With Mango Bananas and Oranges?
Statistically Witty Mice Beat Orangutans.

PM me your address and I'll take all that troublesome brewing equipment off of your SWMBO's hands after you're dead!

PM me your address and I'll take all that troublesome brewing equipment off of your SWMBO's hands after you're dead!

I get first dibs, since I offered to take carry of the messy body recovery details.

But really wouldn't that just make a great funeral pyre to burn the body on??

50117468.jpg

We could always boil some wort on his body in tribute!!!:cross:

OK, well, while I appreciate all ya'all's concern about my dead stiff body and the equipment and all...we can all relax. SWMBO has seen it and asked how much I paid for it... I just told her that I made it. End of questions I guess.
<WHEW!>

OK, well, while I appreciate all ya'all's concern about my dead stiff body and the equipment and all...we can all relax. SWMBO has seen it and asked how much I paid for it... I just told her that I made it. End of questions I guess.
<WHEW!>

Oh sure, I'm certain that her stony silence means everything is just fine . . .

<WHEW!>

Tell us that she had her boots on :D
'Cause the chit is getting deep ;) unless she's blonde and clueless

Oh sure, I'm certain that her stony silence means everything is just fine . . .

Yep, the "I made it myself" answer just stuns a woman for a while. Then they ask themselves when, why, where, how much... and either ask you or decide not to pursue it.

SWMBO gave me the greenlight to build a keezer and a bar in the dining room of our one bedroom apartment.... Between us... Best day of my life. If she asks though it comes in second to our wedding i suppose :)

<WHEW!>

Oh, that was TOO easy. Something's up. A week or so from now, she'll be in the closet shoveling through all her shoes and realize that whatever you spent "doing it yourself" to build that sweet blue brew stand could have bought X amount of shoes, then, THEN, you're in trouble, Mister. She'll haunt you with that for several months at least, every time she walks by a shoe display, and then bring it up every November for the rest of your life and really go for your throat about it at a family reunion Thanksgiving dinner 15 years from now.

In 2000 I bought a new bass boat...I had mentioned that I wanted to buy one, and was going to check one out on Saturday. Told her, "if I like it I'm buying it." Got the standard, "we need to talk about that first." Sooooo...about noon on Saturday I called her from the highway to tell her that I had just signed the paperwork for a 2000 Skeeter bass boat.After a steak dinner, wicker furniture for the front porch, and three days of silence she "got over it". Yeah, sure she did...several years later and I still hear about it now and then. The boat has even been gone for 2 years.
She mentioned once that she must have "about $2,000 in Mary Moo figurines"... to which I stupidly said, "TWO GRAND???" Of course I got the "don't even go there...how much was your f***ing boat?"
Anyway, I've been married to her for 25+ years, I know that this time I'm not going to get much hassle about it after all... which does surprise me a little.

<WHEW!>

Telling the SWMBO that you made it is one of the greatest things to say. Always ends in a "Oh, ok great." Little do they know how much actually goes into our DIY projects.

Nice job on the stand.

In 2000 I bought a new bass boat...I had mentioned that I wanted to buy one, and was going to check one out on Saturday. Told her, "if I like it I'm buying it." Got the standard, "we need to talk about that first." Sooooo...about noon on Saturday I called her from the highway to tell her that I had just signed the paperwork for a 2000 Skeeter bass boat.After a steak dinner, wicker furniture for the front porch, and three days of silence she "got over it". Yeah, sure she did...several years later and I still hear about it now and then. The boat has even been gone for 2 years.
She mentioned once that she must have "about $2,000 in Mary Moo figurines"... to which I stupidly said, "TWO GRAND???" Of course I got the "don't even go there...how much was your f***ing boat?"
Anyway, I've been married to her for 25+ years, I know that this time I'm not going to get much hassle about it after all... which does surprise me a little.

My response would have been "How many f***ing bass have those figurines caught you?"

I get first dibs, since I offered to take carry of the messy body recovery details.

But really wouldn't that just make a great funeral pyre to burn the body on??

50117468.jpg

We could always boil some wort on his body in tribute!!!:cross:

I hope the heat from the funeral pyre doesnt warp the stand.

Honestly great work on that stand, and here is to hoping she stays cool with it!:mug:

My response would have been "How many f***ing bass have those figurines caught you?"

I could also have asked how much money she won standing on those figurines... but I knew to drop it while the dropping was good. (I ran and fished in bass tournaments from 1999 to 2008 so I did win some, but not a lot of money from that Skeeter's deck.))

Here's a sort of mockup with the stand in the basement... this is not the cooler I'll be using, but the color is right.
DSC00345.jpg

Nice job. The first thing my SWMBO would say if I made it was what tool did you buy? She would not worry about the material cost as she knows there would be a power tool purchased somewhere along the line to make the stand.

Had I not built this at work I too would have had to buy tools. Luckily, the only tool I know I'll be buying is a couple of hole saws... we have them at work but they're used for carbon steel and I don't want to use them for my stainless.

Oh...boy you had to ask without searching didn't you? :) I'd duck if I were you.

Ok, I'll start the shenannagains.....

Searching Would Maybe Be Advisable.

Shirley Will Make Bad Applepies.

Slutty Women Make Bad Ambassadors.

LOL

Revvy, what's SWMBA? :drunk: ...And yes, I didn't use the search.

Here's a sort of mockup with the stand in the basement... this is not the cooler I'll be using, but the color is right.
DSC00345.jpg

:rockin: Rockin dude. That's a SS milk can isn't it? Are you using that as your BK or what? What are you going to use that HF keg for (from your thread last week).

It's actually a SS olive oil can. I plan to use it as a HLT. I still don't know what the old keg will end up as.... it might be on the stand all polished up as either the MLT or BK....or it might stay as a chair in the brew room.

Latest posts

Back