My labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrookedTail

Reaction score
I've only made a few labels. They're very cartoony. I don't know why but they just turned out that way.

I named my brewery Crooked Tail Brewing, after one of my cats (I have two). He has a very distinct crooked tail that was a birth defect.

Anyway, my first label was for my winter brew, which was a weizenbock. I named it after my other cat, whose name is Balthazar, but we call him Balz (pronounced "Balls"). He's not the friendliest cat so I made him a little evil:
snowbalz.gif

Then I made one for the Irish red that I brewed for St. Paddy's Day. My wife and I went to Ireland for our honeymoon, and that's sort of where the name came from.
respitered.gif

Then I took a shot at a bitter. I strictly used Fuggles hops because my LHBS was out of Goldings, so I stuck with Fuggles only.
wanker.gif

Finally I made an amber ale that had five hop additions (Perle, Tettnanger and Hallertau). Being a big Megadeth fan I figured I'd name it Five Magics, which I thought was a cool name. The label is very corny, but what the hell.
fivemagics1.gif

I'm going to make some more as I go, but that's all I have for now.

Very cool!

I really like your logo. I like the Irish red the best; especially the sky...really great job on the sky in that one.

I wonder if this has ever happened on HBT before... we have the same name for our "breweries".

I got this label goin a few months ago...

CrookedTail_final.jpg

Real nice label designs, your style is consistent, so no worries with the illustrative nature, it certainly shows your lighthearted approach to naming your beers.

you'll need to have a brew off to see who gets to keep the name, I'l judge, just send me beer.

I like the designs alot. like previously stated, you have a very consistent quality throughout, which is a good thing. I was also admiring the sky in the irish label.

Nice job!

Dude you have some sweet labels, cartoony or not, they are choice! I have had a helluva time trying to design a brewery logo for my brewery(Broken Glass Brewery) such as your cat between the barley. I have some good ideas, but haven't been able to get it on paper/screen properly...

...great job!:mug:

Back