The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess blubber pizzas are out of the question *********.

But honestly I don't really get it. You folks want to kill whales? You dependent on the makeup potential or the oil for the lamps in you hovels? If it's just the oil you could club seals for that so why screw with really big mammals?

yeahok.gif

Hey Evets,
Do you ever use coal in your oven? Advantages? Disadvantages? TIA

People call those BBQ's. And you can buy a functional one from the store. Which is nice because you can use it right away and don't waste thousands of dollars and several years building something to half burn your half raw pizza.

Hey Evets,
Do you ever use coal in your oven? Advantages? Disadvantages? TIA

I've used lump charcoal a few times when using the oven as a smoker but never anthracite. Thought about it but I think there's a lot of nasty crap in coal smoke that I'd rather not eat. I know lots of places use old coal ovens but I think the cooking chamber is separate from the firebox. I could be wrong about that though, never having actually seen one in person.

Hi kids, remember me?

So the oven sat for a bit while I got my Masters degree and became a nurse practitioner. But that's over with finally (can I get an Amen?) and so I once again have some time and spare money.

The slate roof has been mostly done for a while, I need to make a copper ridge cap still.

Today I finished installing the metal lathe and put the first scratch coat of stucco on one wall. Not bad, considering it was done by a nurse.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1501024308.930988.jpg

You can now resume your previous jealousy of my awesomeness.

Back