Boneless, Skinless Thighs...What Now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
Thread title sounds like a ******** thread, whoops!

I've just picked up some boneless skinless chicken thighs, and I've never cooked with them before. What do y'all like to do with thigh meat? I'm used to just cooking breasts and hot wings, so I'm kind of at a loss with what to do with these little slabs of dark meat goodness. Post your ideas if you've got'em!

Boneless skinless, huh? You could try oyakodon.

Normally if they have the skin I will roast or pan fry them, but with no skin I feel like they need to be a part of a more complex recipe as they don't stand on their own so well.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm always looking for new Asian recipes for some reason, and I've never heard of Oyakodon. I've gotta go easy on the rice though, Last night was red beans and rice, and tomorrows dinner is a Rogan Josh chicken with saffron basmati.

Boneless skinless thighs are awesome though I'm usually boning and skinning them myself since it's cheaper that way. Butterfly them so that you get one long flat piece of meat then marinate in some kind of asian marinade (soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, scallions, etc.) or a peanut sauce (for a chicken satay). Then grill them up quickly over a hot fire. Delicious! Serve with rice and your choice of veggies.

Slow cooker for 4 hrs with equal parts bbq sauce and your favorite beer, just make sure you have enough liquid to cover 3/4 of the way. They'll come out fall-off-the-bone tender and will go great with a beer!

Boneless skinless thighs are awesome though I'm usually boning and skinning them myself since it's cheaper that way. Butterfly them so that you get one long flat piece of meat then marinate in some kind of asian marinade (soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, scallions, etc.) or a peanut sauce (for a chicken satay). Then grill them up quickly over a hot fire. Delicious! Serve with rice and your choice of veggies.

Used the Asian marinade as mentioned above, threw them on some skewers, and the grill is now heating up. Thanks for the idea!

Slow cooker for 4 hrs with equal parts bbq sauce and your favorite beer, just make sure you have enough liquid to cover 3/4 of the way. They'll come out fall-off-the-bone tender and will go great with a beer!

Not hard to make boneless thighs fall off the bone :D

I'd consider making a chicken paprikash with boneless thighs. I'm not much into Asian cuisine, though

Maybe I'd try some type of southwestern wrap w/ peppers, onions, salsa and southwest type seasonings....Damn, I need to eat.:D

I sometimes pick up bonless skinless thighs, mix up a blend of 40% Sriracha and 60% peanut Satay sauce. I use plastic ziplock bag to marinate overnight, next day I skewer them and cook over hardwood.

I use thighs a lot (both boneless/skinless and regular). The boneless/skinless I like to use in terriyaki, stir frys, boneless wings, and sometimes I will grind them up for chicken burgers.

I say stuff em with a mushroom cheese mixture. I'm thinking feta or bleu. Oh and wrap them in bacon :mug:

Time for some gumbo! You gotta get some skrimps and some mudbugs.

Coconut milk, fish sauce, soy, lime, garlic, lemongrass (if you can get it), ginger, sugar, basil or cilantro - marinate, grill or smoke. I don't measure, just mix up whatever. Tastes just like Gai Yang.

This works as a pretty good marinade for dark meat. Olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and black pepper. Marinade for about 20 minutes then grill. Brush on extra every so often... :)

Another good "Asian" marinade for dark chicken meat skewers is: soy sauce, sa cha (or shacha), and sugar (or brown sugar). Just blend them to your taste and marinate the dark chicken meat overnight, and then grill them.

Bump...Try Anne Burrell's Coq au Vin recipe using just the boneless/skinless thighs. Awesome!!

Its a great winter/autumn meal, Swmbo and I are going to to this on Sunday. Its our favorite to cook together.

Latest posts

Back