After a battle...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenhead

Reaction score
...It took several hours, some destruction, disassembly, cursing, rewiring, and praying but I finally got my 8.8' Frigedaire chest freezer down into the miniscule space that we lovingly call the "basement". I had to remove two steps and the top of the freezer. We moved the darn thing down the stairs a few dozen times only to have it jam coming aroung a corner in the staircase. It was hell.

I also got the ranco controller wired after 2 tries and got it hooked up.

Now I have to fix a small window that I was planning to put architectural glass blocks in later rather than sooner. I think I will also be buying taps sooner that I originally planned. After all the tribulation I gotta say I'm stoked. I have been waiting 15yrs for a kegerator (keezer...hell I didn't even know about keezers). Now I have even more stuff to worry about...kegging and stuff.

Just thought I would share my joy, like giving birth.

Thanks guys, for listening.

Todd

I share your excitement! After having a ghetto kegerator in college that my roommate threw together, I have always wanted one for myself. Returning to homebrewing after a 12-year hiatus, I recently took the plunge and set up a 15 cu ft. chest freezer. 4 Perlicks, 1 stout faucet (with nitro), and room for 3 more to cold condition. I couldn't be any happier with it all. I only had to move my freezer from my truck bed to my garage though! :mug:

Reminds me of my friends house- Had to remove some steps to get bed upstairs- fixed them all nice, could never tell! Then he decided to move, and got impatient and knocked them out himself... Yea, he should have waited...

Glad you got it down there ok! Congrats on the new member of the family :)

I had a similar situation, thankfully I didn't actually have to do more than take the handrail off the stairs. Finally got it down there though, really should have got some help... but enough dollys and brute force will work.

I swear honey the stairs were always scratched like that...

Amen on the compresser never giving out... now all modifications will take place downstairs. The subject of moving was brought up and an automatic $500(once I get taps and such) will be added to the price of the house.

Latest posts

Back