Newly located to Pacific Northwest, and new to serious homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deprogram

Reaction score
Greetings;

Just moved to the Seattle area about 1.5 years ago, and got a full kegging system from morebeer.com as a gift. I've brewed in a brew-on-premises kinda setup before (doing everything possible myself) and I've made various fruit wines at home.

This is the first time I've had serious equipment at home, and had a serious goal in mind. There is a dearth of belgian strong ales in the area, and I have an obsession with strong ales. Yes, I know I can always buy something that's been shipped all the way across the Atlantic, but I think I can achieve similar results in my own kitchen, with enough patience and applied science.

The recipe that came with my kit was incredibly boring, but I pushed it close to strong ale territory with adjuncts... I can tell right now I'm not going to be a conventional brewer in any sense of the term.

Just wanted to say hi, and that I like it here.

:)

Next up: a Cascade Belgian style Golden. Cascade hops, light malt, and candi sugar. I feel that it's appropriate.

Hey, welcome from the PNW!!

One of the best things about living up here is the immensely good beer available at the awesome brewpubs and breweries in the area.

Elliott Bay Brewing
Diamond Knot Brewing
Boundary Bay Brewing

to name a few!

Welcome deprogram! You should try Widmer's brew master special this year, it's a Belgian Golden ale, and quite tasty.

Welcome. I'm also new and in Bellevue. I assume you've found Larry's in Kent for supplies. Nice family business, great selection, very helpful. They hooked me up day 1 with a Mac & Jack's clone recipe that is heavenly.

Back