Keg rotation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acuenca

Reaction score
I have a kegerator that only holds two kegs. Anybody have say more kegs than their kegerator can hold and rotate out the big beers every once a while after they been tapped? bad idea?

Nope, do it all the time. You may have a carb issue from going cold to warm and back. But hook it up for a day and you are good to go.

Ive done it before with no problems. Someone else might chime in saying otherwise, but I have never had any issues with switching out kegs in the kegerator and then switching back...except for having to let the keg sit for a peroid of time to let the sediment fall and clear again.

I haven't done this, but I have lifted kegs up and out, then put them back in the same spot. I tend to have some sediment issues for a half dozen pours after moving kegs around. In my system, each pour tends to be more clear than the previous one for each keg. If I jostle something, it resets it all.

YMMV.

Back