About my Mash Tun manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevincad

Reaction score
I don't have a pic with me, but will try to get one up. I'd like comments about what I did. I used CPVC, which is hot water pvc. The piping is not glued to the elbows so that it can be taken apart and cleaned. I took a hacksaw and cut slits about half way through the pipes, about every inch or so. Not having done an all grain batch yet, I'm curious to see what you all think. I'm getting things set up to do my first all grain batch, and am just a tad nervous, trying to make sure I've done everything so that it'll go smoothly. The only thing I need now are two kegs to make pots out of so that I can do ten gallon batches when I want!:rockin:

Exact same setup as mine... works great!

Awesome, glad to hear that! As the previous person replied, slots down, right? I'll take a pic or two soon. Now if I can just find a source for a couple of kegs to make kettles out of, after I get the hang of things, I'll be doing ten gallon batches all grain!

From a LOT of reading I've done, the slots down method makes for a cleaner runoff with less recirculating to get the runnings clear.

Also, it means less dead space in the mash tun, hence less wasted liquor / better efficiency.

Back