Packing beer in a suitcase or for shipping tips.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
When I ship beer or want to travel with it, I use UPS Pad Packs
to protect my beer. They work great and you can pick them up at any UPS store for free or order them. Once you get them, cut off the sticky part that seals the envelope so you can reuse them over and over. Put a bottle in and roll it closed and seal it with painters tape. It creates a nice firm bubble wrap barrier plus cushions the top and bottom and can be easily opened and the tape reused.

Here's a six pack in my 22" roll on suitcase. I have clothes underneath them and I put more clothes on top. Checked it from Austin to San Diego and it worked great. TSA did not even bother to look at it after it was x-rayed.

PackingBeerForTravel.jpg

I will reuse them to take back some wonderful brew from the Stone brewery this weekend. 22 oz bottles fit fine too.

The method also works great when shipping bottles via UPS.

Nice... I've travelled with about 10 beers before in my suitcase. I had a "TSA Baggage Check" notice in my suitcase when I arrived home...

Guess I can't blame them considering they probably looked like pipe bombs on the X-Ray. Rather be safe than sorry!

Ed make SURE to pick up some Stone Smoked Porter it is phenomenal! I SOOOO wished they sold it in Texas...

Have fun!

+1 on Stone's Smoked Porter - that's a damn fine beer.

EdWort - let me know if you need to ship brews for NHC. You can ship them to me and I'll bring them on Friday.

Latest posts

Back