Brewer's Best Stainless Steel Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnbikerbrewer

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has really tried out these pots and know anything about their durability. I have been retailing these pots since they became available with no issue until recently.

So I have a customer who encountered an obscure issue with her BB SS pot, after fermenting sauerkraut in her pot she had several small holes develop. This isn't pitting, but holes straight through the pot.

Brewer's Best isn't doing anything for her because they said she used the pot for something besides brewing. However, to me it seems like stainless steel should be able to handle that acidity and I've seen a couple blogs where people talk about using a SS stock pot in lieu of a crock and don't mention they had any issues.

So I am curious as to if my notion that stainless should be able to handle that acidity or if the pot is defective.

I know its not exactly a brewing question, but it involves a common piece of brewing equipment, so any input would be appreciated.

We use SS stock pots at work all the time for brines and marinades with no issue. Sounds like the vendor is taking the easy way out for a sub par product.

I kind of see where she's coming from in the sense that it should not have turned into a colander, however, she did use it for something other than its intended purpose.

As a manufacturer, where do you draw the line?

Somewhere north of sauerkraut, I reckon ;)

Seriously, that has to be one uber-crappy grade of stainless if it can't tolerate fermenting veggies...

Cheers!

Back