Santa Clara, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Next week I'm headed to Santa Clara and want to find some tasty beverages that I can't get on the east coast.

What's good within say 20 miles of SC that's good like brewpubs and breweries to hit up?

Next week I'm headed to Santa Clara and want to find some tasty beverages that I can't get on the east coast.

What's good within say 20 miles of SC that's good like brewpubs and breweries to hit up?

There are a few brewpubs around...

In Sunnyvale, there are Faultline and Firehouse. There's Tied House in Mountain View. Cupertino has a BJ's (chain), and there's Gordon Biersch in downtown San Jose. Campbell has a Rock Bottom (chain) and the Sonoma Chicken Coop. One of my favorites is Los Gatos BC in Los Gatos. There's also Rabbit's Foot meadery in Sunnyvale (or perhaps Santa Clara). And I think that St. Stans has opened a pub (but doesn't brew there) in Saratoga as well.

If you wanted to drive about 20 miles north, there's a place I went to last night in San Carlos called The Refuge; not a brewpub, but specializes in Belgian beer and pastrami sandwiches. A bit expensive, but worth it, IMO.

I might be available, if you want a little company, but work has been kicking my ass royally lately, so I can't guarantee it.

Sounds good. I'll send you a PM next week. I'll bring a bottle or two of mead in my suitcase just in case. I definitely want to hit up Rabbit's Foot!

The Bistro on B Street in Haywood, also not a brewpub, but they have a good select of beers. You have to go further north for breweries and brewpubs.

met up with jpc last night at Fault Line. Decent brews. Cask Bitter was quite good.

The big winner from the week has to be Rabbit's Foot. Came home with 2 bottles of mead and 2 bottles of Dark Cherry Cider.

Back