Raspberries - PPG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delaney

Reaction score
Hello!

I have read much about this and still my question lingers...
I want to know how many points per pound per gallon are in raspberries, and what that equates to in terms of ABV% for a 5 gallon batch.

I understand that the amount of fermentable sugars in any given fruit will vary, depending on region/year, so I am expecting this to be a rough estimate...

I've been given a lot of conflicting information about this.

I think there is more sugar in there than that! I make wine, and measure the fruit before adding sugar to the wine. I can't remember what raspberries are, though, but I'd say more than that.

Yes I am becoming concerned...my est. ABV% should be 5.3% before any raspberry additions...I really don't want this one to go above 6%...but if I can I'd like to put in 3 pounds for flavouring. I'm worried this will take be beyond 6%...

I mean most Brix counts online estimate 9-13% for raspberries...which is in line with BeerSmith

hmmm...it must be the water content...basically, the raspberries shouldn't change my ABV%

Back