What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 169060

Farmhouse pale. Weird how much this beet smells like feet / funky cheese when opened and how that disappears and just leaves tropical hops. I think the tropical hop have lots of sulphur compounds iirc.

Just getting back from my distillery haul... You still want a apple brandy barrel? :p ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388442348.491456.jpg

View attachment 169060

Farmhouse pale. Weird how much this beet smells like feet / funky cheese when opened and how that disappears and just leaves tropical hops. I think the tropical hop have lots of sulphur compounds iirc.

Reading Yeast right now and just read over this topic although I haven't seen it mention a specific type of hop it states that sulphur is a small part of the hop oils. Really digging this book.

Nicee were you able to score that in a shop by you or in a trade? Ive never seen that over here.

Nice barrels too.

The Orval is at the bottle shop I frequent. They keep me stocked up on Rochefort 6 8 and 10 as well. I love those beers.

The barrels are 3 apple brandy, 1 bourbon, 1 rye. I am gonna use and abuse em then sour them.

Haven't had this one in quite some time. Last time I recall it was last winter brewing at 2 am in 17 F weather. Very good, as I remember it to be. On my second now, since it's so freaking drinkable.

20131230_180200 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I have 2 left in the fridge, in about ten minutes only one will be left :ban:

(Thick Russian accent) Ah yes my Russian friend I have not seen you since summer. It is now snowing here like in Mother Russia no? Please come in, take off your cap and I will pour into my glass your 52ozs of 8% malty goodness :D

1388446387437.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
(Thick Russian accent) Ah yes my Russian friend I have not seen you since summer. It is now snowing here like in Mother Russia no? Please come in, take off your cap and I will pour into my glass your 52ozs of 8% malty goodness :D

I was trying to remember who it was who was drinking this a while back. I see it in my local supermarket all the time. Almost pulled the trigger a week or so ago. Got a 4 pk of global warmer instead. :( maybe next time.

I was trying to remember who it was who was drinking this a while back. I see it in my local supermarket all the time. Almost pulled the trigger a week or so ago. Got a 4 pk of global warmer instead. :( maybe next time.

If you dig Viennas I think you will probably like it. I dont find it very often so when I saw it last night I snagged several.

FermentNEthinG said:
The Orval is at the bottle shop I frequent. They keep me stocked up on Rochefort 6 8 and 10 as well. I love those beers.

The barrels are 3 apple brandy, 1 bourbon, 1 rye. I am gonna use and abuse em then sour them.

Apple brandy barrel sounds like it could be awesome for beer. The bottle shops i go to have plenty of rochefort just no orval.

Those are 2 of my brewing goals for 2014. Purchasing a barrel, and brewing at least one sour.

Na zdorovie!

Drinking some seltzer water. I've gone from feeling yesterday to a slight runny nose this morning, and then afternoon it's descended into hell. So after this I'm probably just going to bed.

As I was trying to decide on my next beer, my 8 year olds told me I could never be an astronaut.

Then they showed me this:

Awesome!

Apple brandy barrel sounds like it could be awesome for beer. The bottle shops i go to have plenty of rochefort just no orval.

Those are 2 of my brewing goals for 2014. Purchasing a barrel, and brewing at least one sour.

Nice goals! I hope to get my first sour underway this weekend. As long as NB delivers in time (which seems like it could be a problem given the weather forecast for Thursday/Friday) And as I'm drinking my RIS I'm already thinking that I need to brew it again and age it in a bourbon barrel.

The combined dregs of the ciders I bottled a couple days ago. Between the two 1 gal carboys and the bottling bucket, had enough to fill a bottle. It's nowhere near as clear as the stuff that went into the bottles, even after crashing in the fridge for a few days, but tastes great.

I don't think I'll be making apfelwein again as this cider (just juice, no sugar) turned out so much better for me. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388449947.016525.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Awesome!

Nice goals! I hope to get my first sour underway this weekend. As long as NB delivers in time (which seems like it could be a problem given the weather forecast for Thursday/Friday) And as I'm drinking my RIS I'm already thinking that I need to brew it again and age it in a bourbon barrel.

Thanks! What did you plan on brewing as a sour? A traditional sour style? Or did you plan on souring a beer after its normal sacc primary? Im excited for my RIS i have it bulk aging next to a dubbel im also looking forward to.

Thanks! What did you plan on brewing as a sour? A traditional sour style? Or did you plan on souring a beer after its normal sacc primary? Im excited for my RIS i have it bulk aging next to a dubbel im also looking forward to.

I've got ECY bug farm so I'm going for a lambic style sour (or as I'm going to call it, lambeec).

Latest posts

Back