I take it this won't let me inject CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howareya

Reaction score
Hey,

here's my barrel with my first brew in it already:

XvLWu.jpg

I take it that this cap won't let me inject CO2?

Howareya.

A few questions:
Why do you want to inject CO2?
Is this your fermenter or serving vessle?

During fermentation the yeast will be giving off CO2 which you will need to vent (usually with an airlock or blow off tube)

A few questions:
Why do you want to inject CO2?
Is this your fermenter or serving vessle?

During fermentation the yeast will be giving off CO2 which you will need to vent (usually with an airlock or blow off tube)

I want to inject CO2 since I heard that my beer will quickly go flat without doing so.

This is my serving vessel. I already fermented it in another buck, and added some glucose when transferring to this barrel.

So I take it CO2 injection is not liked around here?

Not exactly sure how I should go about using an airlock of blow off tube...

I want to inject CO2 since I heard that my beer will quickly go flat without doing so.

This is my serving vessel. I already fermented it in another buck, and added some glucose when transferring to this barrel.

So I take it CO2 injection is not liked around here?

Not exactly sure how I should go about using an airlock of blow off tube...

Ignore what I said about the airlock/blow off tube. That was for if it was your fermenter.
Can you get a picture of the whole barrel thing. You are right that you want to inject CO2 as you draw out the beer to keep things carb'd (usually it needs to be keep at around 12-14 psi)

Here's the requested full view of the barrel:
ByLit.jpg

Where does that leave me with respect to being able to top up with CO2?

Thanks MuchoGusto! That solves it.

So the answer is: my barrel as it is now will not allow me to inject CO2.

What strategy should I take for placing the valve cap on the barrel, since the beer will have already been sitting in the barrel for two weeks. I'm planning to start drinking it 4 weeks after barreling.

Back