The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey is anybody out there up for teaching a class in basic brewery sanitation? I know somebody, not to point any fingers but his initials are Christopher 'Yeager' Flynn, who could use the help.

Me, me, me!

I volunteer. Pick me!

He'd have to come here for the class, but I'd give him a good beer for his trouble.

Hey is anybody out there up for teaching a class in basic brewery sanitation? I know somebody, not to point any fingers but his initials are Christopher 'Yeager' Flynn, who could use the help.

Young Gilligan have some trouble with cleanliness ??? :goat:

Sorry again about PTO.

All around tough day yesterday. It was Cherry Tredo's service as well. It was really nice to see a really large SSBC turn out for it. Brewers are good people some times.

Hey cape, did you do wood floors in the basement pub? If so, insulation and sleepers?

Yes... no insulation or sleepers.

Bead of underlayment adhesive and then shot regular old strapping into the concrete. Laid super cheap ledger board down as plank flooring while purposely putting hammer marks in it on most of the nails. Went over the entire floor with a random orbital with a really rough grit just to take the big burrs off of it. After that a coat of stain and two coats of flat poly.

I love it.

If it gets trashed... Meh. Oh well. And I get a lot of compliments on it. Everyone says it looks like its a 100 year old floor... Which is exactly what I was going for.

Great. Thanks. Will be working on the basement bedroom and bathroom soon. Not sure if I will go with tile or wood. Debating the options of insulation for a warmer floor, especially with tile. Considering radiant.
Chilly up here in the great white north.

Yeah, I want to be able to walk barefoot. I already have a cave. Just started planning this. Working through designs. Still have a couple other projects to get buttoned up first. It will be a good winter project.

I have a downstairs bathroom that is about 3' x 15'. The majority is taken up by 1970's baseboard heating registers. PITA to clean the floor let alone the space it takes up. Plus the tile is still cold. It's hardly ever used so I don't care if it's really heated. I'm ripping out the vanity and I'd love to replace the floor with radiant. I wouldn't even mind to use the electrical radiant that you can have pre made for an easy installation. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use PEX for the plumbing.

Latest posts

Back