"6 Beers we'd never drink.."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a bunch of sissies! Except for the last two, the coconut and pomegranate thingies, those were serious, well respected beers. The whole article is the equivalent of "Eeewww! People put mold on their cheese and eat it! Gross!"

A neurotic, whiny, frightened group of pillow biters, if you ask me. Why are they writing about beer?

Chad

"Another fun fact about the Zymomonas: it’s the only bacteria which propels itself through liquid via flagellum. Do you really want that swimming around in your beer?"

Yes I do.

I agree with the above posts. The writers obviously never eat in restaurants either :rolleyes:

Even if I didn't think I would like the beer I would try it. Only beer I have seen that gives me pause was the snatch yeast beer that was talked about here a while back. Been thinking about that for a long time and I am not sure if I could bring myself to try it.

Flavored Mich Ultra sounds gross, and the coconut brew isn't all that appealing (I'd try it). However, who in their right mind wouldn't want to try the other four? ...and these people hint at being beer snobs (turns up nose).

why would i care what they think? they don't even spell hefeweizen correctly

some piss poor bmc drinkers acting like aces cause they drink sam adams occasionaly

That Alba pine is a fantastic beer that I scoop up whenever I find it in stock for a reasonable price. I've even had a coconut beer that was decent at the Elk's Head in Buckley, WA so I won't rule that out either. What a bunch of snobs.

:mug:

Pabst Blue Robot said:
That Alba pine is a fantastic beer that I scoop up whenever I find it in stock for a reasonable price. I've even had a coconut beer that was decent at the Elk's Head in Buckley, WA so I won't rule that out either. What a bunch of snobs.

:mug:

They are not snobs. They are 'tards.

what a bunch of tools....i would LOVE a bottle of Utopias. the last two prolly not, any prolly not the enamalnator or whatever, but the rest certainly. cant be worse than the SA Cranberry Lambic. :eek:

Yuri_Rage said:
Flavored Mich Ultra sounds gross, and the coconut brew isn't all that appealing (I'd try it). However, who in their right mind wouldn't want to try the other four? ...and these people hint at being beer snobs (turns up nose).

I'm with you on this one. I head about the Mich Ultra foo foo fruit stuff months ago and I'll never come close so it. The coconut probably sucks, but I'd try it.

The one I want to try most on this list is the hop filter. That would rock. :rockin:

the_bird said:
I think it's pretty much unanimous.

Where's Evan!? I'm going to nominate those mental_floss tools for a "*****ie Award".

Good call. I fail to see how they can knock something for being different when their magazine is aimed at people who are open-minded and like to learn weird stuff. I'm quite perplexed as to why that article wasn't named 6 Beers You've Got to Try.

the_bird said:
I think it's pretty much unanimous.

Where's Evan!? I'm going to nominate those mental_floss tools for a "*****ie Award".

Sorry, was flying around VA-NC in a Skyhawk yesterday. I agree, aside from the nasty raspberry ultra crap (and maybe the sweet coconut stuff), I'd feel privileged to try any one of those beers provided it was well made.

Here you go...

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/4914-*****ie.jpg

wow the same bunch of people that would diss all over someone for enjoying a big named commercial BMC beer in the can from a gas station, calling people "snobs" for not wanting to drink some sour-ass beer with bacteria in it... amazing

Mutilated1 said:
wow the same bunch of people that would diss all over someone for enjoying a big named commercial BMC beer in the can from a gas station, calling people "snobs" for not wanting to drink some sour-ass beer with bacteria in it... amazing

Hm, I don't see any inconsistency here.

not liking flavorless beer + liking awesome beers like lambic.

What's wrong with bacteria? Why you gots to be discriminatin? Oh, one organism (yeast) is okay, but another (bacteria) isn't? Pfaw.

And I don't know about what you've drank, but I've never had a sour ass-beer. :p

Not to mention---I don't "diss all over" people for liking BMC. I have some PBR in my fridge right now. Nothing necessarily wrong with American Light Lager style beers.

Lamest beer-related artcile I've ever read. This "Ramsom" guy is no Michael Jackson, that's for sure.

Well I'm making a #6 with an ingredient from #1. And I'm seriously thinking about making a coconut beer.

Personally I'd skip the Utopia too. It is supposed to taste brandy-like and I can't stand brandy.

I can't see how Keystone didn't make the list. That's one P.O.S. beer I'm never drinking again.

None of those sound repugnant to me. I'd try every one of 'em at least once (and I know I like commercially produced lambics, at least).

Now, I was joking with a friend about making durian beer (we're both huge fans of the enormously stinky fruit), but I don't know if I'd feel right unleashing that onto the world.

Back