Belgian White taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecojack

Reaction score
just cracked open a bottle of my belgian white beer. It's been bottled for about 3 weeks now, and I've noticed the flavor change pretty drastically over the bottle conditioning period.

I added doubled the 15 minute boil additions to 1oz coriander and 1oz orange peel.

At about 2 weeks in the bottle, this beer tasted great. It had a great orange taste with a little bitterness that wasn't overpowering from the orange peel.

3 weeks into the bottle and all I can taste is bitterness. Kinda like biting straight into an orange peel. What happened to the orangeness? I've read that the bitter taste in beers like IPA's will fade over time...will it fade for my wit?

Is it more carbonated now? The only thing I can think of is higher carbonation is giving it a carbonic bite, which can make your beer taste more bitter, dry or astringent.

I know with my one of my wits, it had some funny off flavors that faded over time. Hopefully it tastes better after a month or so! :mug:

Back