What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro sample from my SMaSH Cascade Pale Ale. I just set the fermenter for cold crashing...which is probably a waste. Look at how clear that is! Not a real hoppy APA but has promise.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397695165.344434.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397695185.304545.jpg

I think I win the thread tonight. Citra beer tasting:

NEBCO Fuzzy baby ducks
Hill farmstead Citra pale
Hill farmstead double citra

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397696176.706229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

New Belgium Trippel.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397697722.034238.jpg
I just finished building some raised garden beds for SWMBO.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Home Brew

My chocolate chili stout with a shot of bourbon added. Next time I'm definitely adding oak chips in the fermenter.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397698270.901077.jpg

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

And now a small pour of my oaked bochet.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397698437.616798.jpg

Not bad at all.

having a homebrew (formerly) hoppy mess while unpacking a bomb from Wes & DC.

I need to kill this and my pale ale kegs. They have lost all aroma / hoppyness from being around too long. Gotta stop drinking that store bought stuff when there are 3 kegs full of beer.

And last one while watching the Cubs..
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397701029.270670.jpg

Having an imperial saison brewed by coyote68. Great brew man this is awesome! I was gonna wait till easter but ive had a stressful night trying to get a fridge in the basement. Took the damn trim off the basement door and it still wouldnt fit. Ended up putting it in the mud room and now i have to rearrange everything to be able to get through it. FML

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397701891.241065.jpg

Looks good...how long did you burn/cook the honey?

I did a stepped addition. Below are my rotten notes, hope you can make sense of them:

"OG- 1.112 - 1/7/14
5lbs if wildflower honey with a little water and a few drops of lemon juice. Cook until dark and smoking. Smell is a bit choking. About 1/2 hour.

Add 1gallon water SLOWLY and stir. Add 5lbs honey and bring to an almost boil. Add 2.5 lbs and stir. Let go to almost boil again. Cool and rack into carboy.

Cook final 2.5 lbs and darken as much as is bearable. It will smoke. Add water, and mix. Cool. Add to carboy.

Rehydrate yeast (EC-1118). Aerate must by shaking vigorously for about 5 minutes. Add yeast.

Small foam right away; prob from aeration.
Temp is around 70.
Small Bubbles every 5-10 sec after 3-5 hours.

I did measure, I had an inch of clearance even with the trim still on. MY pantry sticks out though and I thought it was out of the way, but it was not. An inch further away from the pantry and it would have fit. I made room in the mud room and it works, just frustrating. Now drinking a nice $4 bomber. Liquor station owner thought it was a mis-mark, so he suggested I get one before it was fixed.

Attachments

• photo (25).jpg
    photo (25).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 87
HB Blonde

:off: My sister has asked me to brew up a 'spring tasting' beer for a party she is having May 16th. Anyone have any suggestions for something i can 'grain to glass' in the 25 days i have? I can't brew this weekend as i'll be out of town. I've done Biermuncher's Blonde in that time. I was thinking maybe a hefe, but have not done one that fast. Any recipes would be appreciated. I will force carb and can get that done in 24-36 hours.

ArcSoft_Image1.jpg

Back