What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DisturbdChemist said:
Just a major mess?

Yup. Tastes like someone's first batch of Mr. Beer homebrew fermented in a non climate controlled garage during the summer. Then they added more hops hoping it would cover up the off flavors.

image-3428151811.jpg

My Apple/Cherry Wine!

Ah nuthin. Delabling some bottles cause the fiancee went to bed cause she works early. Havin Skeeter Pee now. Everyone goes to sleep so damn early lol

Well it's only Tues. Most people work lol. I just up because it is my sisters b day and when I start drinking it's hard to stop but this is my last one. I'll be dead for work tomorrow.

27F here,so coffee it is. Especially sore & a lil hung over from drinkin yooper's home brews with vodka after a good brew day. Robust porter in the fermenter now. Cool temps Should work out well. Wife even helped clean up after brew day. just a couple more things to do.

Several cups of tea as I had to get up early and bake. Colder here than Michigan or Ohio? Wtf? Dropping off some orders and then hitting the road to Lexington. Not quite sure what the geuze budget is, but I'm sure it's bit enough.

Coff. Cold crash was perfect with temps in the mid-20s last night.

Do you always cold crash outside? Id be too afraid of making an eisbier

This is the first time I've done so, considering I started brewing earlier this year and it wasn't really cold enough to cold crash outside.

Nothing froze?

Nope. Not even a bit. I wrapped it in a towel overnight. I woke up at 3 a.m. to put more wood in the fire and checked the carboy to make sure. It's still sitting out there. I suppose if I had left it outside for 3-4 days of mid-20s temps, I would eventually see some freezing. That's a lot of liquid that needs to freeze, though!

3rd day of a alcohol cleanse. Thinking I'll get back into it this weekend after I get in a couple trades I made! I feel good though!

MrNickVT said:
3rd day of a alcohol cleanse. Thinking I'll get back into it this weekend after I get in a couple trades I made! I feel good though!
Any reason for the cleanse? This is my first HB ever. Fermented way hot, strong citrus flavors but have mellowed a bit. Brewed 8/17 and been sitting in bottled 9/1. I only have about 4 bottles left so I thought I'd try one. Not bad. Very dark though, darker than I recalled. I boiled LME for the full time though as per newbie instructions.

image-195690421.jpg

Hello said:
Any reason for the cleanse? This is my first HB ever. Fermented way hot, strong citrus flavors but have mellowed a bit. Brewed 8/17 and been sitting in bottled 9/1. I only have about 4 bottles left so I thought I'd try one. Not bad. Very dark though, darker than I recalled. I boiled LME for the full time though as per newbie instructions.
finsfan said:
any reason or just seeing if you can do it?
Honestly just trying to bring my tolerance back down and let's not forget the holidays are on the way. I'm going to be saving money and tremendously cutting back on calorie intake :)

Back