Randy Mosher's Buckwheat Honey Black Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elucify

Reaction score
OK, folks, Google returns precisely two hits on the name of this recipe if you put it in quotes.

A friend at work gave me a 3-lb container of buckwheat honey as a 'brewer's challenge'. It's Eastern buckwheat, which I gather is stronger than Western.

So, has anybody brewed Randy Mosher's Buckwheat Honey Black Beer recipe? I've heard him interviewed on a podcast where he said BH is not his favorite ingredient--too much manure.

I would really appreciate tips from anyone who has brewed this recipe. I've found nothing on the Intertubes, and need advice.

I've already bought the ingredients, so I'll probably brew it. But if someone else has brewed it and ended up with bottles of compost, please let me know, and I'll do something else with it.

Thanks

-Mark Johnson
Silver Spring MD

Did you ever end up brewing this? - What were the results? Id also like to try my hand at brewing something with buckwheat honey - Cheers

Back