Oktoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riv

Reaction score
Hi,

Just started Home Brewing and I LOVE it! I have spent many, many hours on this forum reading all of the posts. There is soooo much to learn!

My question:

I tried the AHS Oktoberfest extract kit. The instructions said I could room temp primary ferment for 7-10 days. I did that (70 degrees for 9 days), but then realized that I had an emptry Refrigerator at my disposal.

I now have my 5 gal pail in the fridge at 34 degrees. It's been in there for 7 days so far.

Did I screw this up? I can leave it in the fridge for several weeks (or months if I have to) Not sure what to do.

Any suggesstions?

Thank You

Was it finished fermenting before you put it in the fridge? What was the yeast strain used? I was probably an Ale strain if the instructions told you to ferment at room temp. If it was finished fermenting, then you are now lagering the beer, which is fine.

Hi

Thank you so much for the reply. I used Marzen Lager 820. I think the fermentation was complete, I didn't take a reading, but there wasn't any action in the airlock.

Thanks

Back