Movies that freak you out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dancingbarefoot said:
Come on, it was hilarious! :D (Not that I would ever do that. It'd be cruel to attack men where their egos are weakest. ;) )

I thought it was too! It's just not the scene I would remember first, when someone mentions the movie.... lol

Nearly the whole thing was a riot. How the story got started was a little lame, but what the heck. Good movie.

TxBrew said:
For some reason Unsolved Mysteries always creeped me out. I watched it a few weeks ago and got the same feeling. Creepy show esp. the ghost ones.

I loved Unsolved Mysteries! I can remember watching it when I was young and getting freaked out over ghosts and alien abductors.

White noise - good mention. It's the last, and the first movie I've seen in a while that made me jump, and several times at that. The fact that it's based on an unexplained phenomenon just makes it freakier.

Not to derail, but "Dark Fall: The Journal" and "Dark Fall II: Lights out" were two games that kept me on my toes. I highly recommend them to anyone who likes adventure games and fright. Play them with the lights off and volume up, and let your imagination get carried away.

Uh, does anybody else find TxBrew's new avatar a little scary? It's supercool, but kind of freaky when it appears in this thread.

I vaguely remember watching a movie about 20 or 25 years ago but I have no idea what the name was. I remember it was set on an Indian reservation, and there was this creepy woman going around killing people. She was all white - hair, skin, eyes, etc. Weirded me out for a long time.

Dude said:
Anyone ever see The Entity?
It is from the 70's and the woman in it is Barbara Hershey. It freaked me out as a kid.

Oh yeah. That was a good one. Supposed to be a true story... ya think?

If you want to see a movie that will freak you out, check out Eraserhead by David Lynch.

Even after seeing the movie, I'm not sure what it was about!:eek:
I think it is the most bizarre movie I've ever seen.

GOD said:
Oh yeah. That was a good one. Supposed to be a true story... ya think?

I guess the real life little boy still swears to this day it all happened.
Freaky.

The special FX on the woman's "chest" was wicked. How they did that (made in the 70's, remember), I don't know.

Dude said:
Anyone ever see The Entity?
It is from the 70's and the woman in it is Barbara Hershey. It freaked me out as a kid.

I'd forgotten about that one. Hell yes, it scared the **** out of me. Hideo Nakata (the guy who did The Ring) is remaking it. **hiding under bed**

dancingbarefoot said:
I'd forgotten about that one. Hell yes, it scared the **** out of me. Hideo Nakata (the guy who did The Ring) is remaking it. **hiding under bed**

He's remaking "The Entity"????? Wow. The Ring had a creep factor that was off the scale... That's gonna be nasty...

"Signs" was another that had a high creep factor. Got under my skin anyway.

Ize

Monk said:
Perhaps it's cheesy, but The Ring scared the crap outa me.... l

Ring was a good one. I actually liked Ringu, the original Japanese version of the movie more. It might have been because I couldn't understand most of what they were saying. That ending, the whole make copies and pass it on so as not to be cursed is so Japanese.

BrewBrothaRick said:
Ring was a good one. I actually liked Ringu, the original Japanese version of the movie more. It might have been because I couldn't understand most of what they were saying. That ending, the whole make copies and pass it on so as not to be cursed is so Japanese.

I like the Japanese version better, too (and I do speak Japanese, so I don't think it was just the language barrier for me). Much creepier. The way the reporter tracks down the story from the video makes much more sense in the Japanese version - it has to do with the characters used to write the girl's name. Since they couldn't use Japanese writing to explain it in the English version, they had to make up the whole storyline about the horses, and I thought it was dumb.

Back