Oops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GusWatab

Reaction score
So I decided to brew two different recipes at the same time so I would make twice as much beer with essentially one mess. Well with one batch i wanted to add crushed coriander seed and lemon peel and when I got down to the 5-10 min left of the boil I was adding all the flavoring/aroma hops to both brews and totally spaced the coriander and lemon peel and didn't realize it until I crashed the wort to 70 degrees. My question is can I still use these ingredients? I thought about maybe brewing up a tea with both ingredients and tossing it into the secondary. H as anybody ever used coriander/orange/lemmon peel in the secondary? I would still like to use these if possible...

Thanks for any advice in advance!

I have done vanilla beans, coconut and orange peels in the secondary (three different batches) and they worked out great. I did boil all three for about 5 mins or so just to pasteurize them. I fear contams bad.

Back