New Stainless 20+ DIY pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well...it's nice to have talented friends. I had mentioned to a guy at work I was looking for a used sanke keg to make into a kettle. He says "Why don't I just make you one....?". Now,...I wasn't to hip on this at first. I mean..I know this guy is good with sheet metal...but what I didn't know was that before he came to work for the company I work for....he was quite the welder with stainless..... So...he says he has the material at his shop at home and he'll make me a 'monster' pot. I say Ok...not really expecting much.... Well...2 weeks later he tells me to stop by his truck after work. So... me and a few other fellows wander out to his truck...and ...holy sheet. I'm happier than a pig in slop!!! What does he want in return?....some homebrew, and a case of Budlite w/lime!!...Hell I'll buy him lunch for a month!!! This thing is sweet. All stainless with wood handles...I'm impressed and dumbfounded!! He said he based the measurements off a keg...so 24.5 inches tall and 16.5 across the top. Said he used thicker metal on the bottom than the top. I only had a brass valve at the house so I'll use it for now...but plan on ordering a stainless one to match the stainless coupling he welded in.... It's nice to have talented friends!!

newpot1.jpg

Ya me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell ill buy him 3 cases a bud lime....

He could have one hell of a side biss going..

That is one sweet pot, very unique! I love the wood handles. One of a kind as they say. With a lid to boot....love it.
At those dimensions, that pot is probalbly 22 -23 gallons...nice!

dude, hells yeah! that is f-in sweet. get some business headed that guy's way, he could make some serious dough.

I figured most would agree on the awesomeness of the situation... When I brought it home and was cleaning it....SWMBO pulls in...looks at my s-eating grin and says.."Humph...so you got a new pot huh?"....At least my manly neighbors were impressed!!!...LOL...

I figured most would agree on the awesomeness of the situation... When I brought it home and was cleaning it....SWMBO pulls in...looks at my s-eating grin and says.."Humph...so you got a new pot huh?"....At least my manly neighbors were impressed!!!...LOL...

Thats awesome.... you must have done something nice in a past life haha.
Now your next good deed needs to be saving that poor soul from that bud light lime!!! Brew him a nice easy drinking homebrew and convert him (maybe a centennial blonde?)!!!!! Or at least make it so he will make you what ever you want if you make him more of it :D

+1 on the orders. If he can keep prices reasonable he can make some $$$. Let me know if he decides to sell them.

Super nice...

Unfortunately for me all my friends have no skills whatsoever :)
We've probably hung out and not even realized it. We appearently ahve all teh same freinds. :mug:

+1 on the orders. If he can keep prices reasonable he can make some $$$. Let me know if he decides to sell them.
I think alot of people would be interested in these depending on pricing. Me included.

Latest posts

Back