• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/2" ID 3/4" OD Silicone Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcojr72

Reaction score
I access to a 100' roll of 1/2" ID 3/4" OD silicone tubing for $1.80/foot. I do not need 100', so I was wondering if somebody or a couple people wanted to go in on this. I want 40 ft, so I would have 60' up for grabs @ $1.80+shipping (unless you are in the southern NH or Boston area and we can exchange in person). Anyone interested?

Cheers,
Jeremiah

UPDATE: So there was a lot of interest here. Below is the list of people with the quantity of tubing they wanted. Please review this and let me know if anything is incorrect. As for shipping, I do not know how much it will cost. The USPS flat rate boxes may be a good way to go, but I have no clue how many feet I will be able to fit in each size. I will either ship it via USPS flat rate or Fedex ground (whichever is cheaper for you). If anyone has any experience with how much tubing might be able to fit in the flat rate boxes, please chime in, otherwise your guess is as good as mine.
To simplify this, anyone that wanted to do meet up in Boston, I work right near South station (usually 8-6, M-F) so you would need to meet me there sometime during the week to get your tubing.
Right now, we have a total of 260 ft of tubing. I need to check tomorrow to see how much I can actually get. I will post back here and it will be first come first serve of course (the list is in order). Cheers!!

UPDATE2
OK sorry for the delay, work is crazy right now. So we now have 300' total. (thatguyryan wanted 40' but I think I need to cut it off at 300'). I meant to pull this together today, but got tied up at work, so given the holiday week I will likely not have this until the following week, at which point I can start getting it out to all of you. Below is the updated list.

jcojr72 - 40
evandena - 20
zeekage - 10
jman - 20
forcabrew - 20
jdrowell15 - 20
Bokonon - 20
cripplecreek - 40
crazyirishman - 20
BrooklynBrewClub - 20
tagheuer - 30
fritztheelephant - 20
thatguyryan - 20

Amazon has 1/2 ID and 5/8 OD, 10 ft for 15 bucks. If you're looking some shorter lengths, that may be an option.

I am looking for the thicker walled tubing, I have not used the thinner walled tubing myself, but heard it collapses very easily.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

jcojr72 said:
I am looking for the thicker walled tubing, I have not used the thinner walled tubing myself, but heard it collapses very easily.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

In that case, I might be interested in 20 ft from this buy.

jcojr72 said:
I access to a 100' roll of 1/2" ID 3/4" OD silicone tubing for $1.80/foot. I do not need 100', so I was wondering if somebody or a couple people wanted to go in on this. I want 40 ft, so I would have 60' up for grabs @ $1.80+shipping (unless you are in the southern NH or Boston area and we can exchange in person). Anyone interested?

Cheers,
Jeremiah

How thick are the walls of this tubing?

How thick are the walls of this tubing?

Must be 1/8" since its 1/2"ID and 3/4"OD no?

I'm in the Boston area. I'd be in for 10' if we could meet in person somewhere convenient to both of us to avoid shipping costs. I was looking to buy some in the near future but have only found prices of $2.10+ online.

Wow, lots of interest. When I get out of work I will tally up where we stand. I can try and get an extra 100' roll if the interest is there.

I bet you can fit a lot in the flat rate boxes. Unless someone chimes in I can take my existing tubing and see if I can come up with an idea of how much can fit. I've got 3 lengths, probably 6, 5, and 4 feet. Also printing labels yourself is slightly cheaper than going to the PO to do it, plus your carrier will take them from your house saving you a trip to the PO

If your going to have extra tubing you need to get rid of to make it work I'd be willing to add another 5-10 ft on mine.

My wife works in back bay and I work in Waltham, so I can probably meet her for lunch one day and stop by your work to pick mine up. 2 birds, 1 stone. Wife is happy, I have silicone hose, everyone's happy.

if I drove by your office would you be able to run down to my car so i dont have to fight with parking over there?

I'm still down for my 10'. Just curious what's the timing on this will be? Do you have to order it and wait for shipping or you have a local source nearby.

That can probably be arranged. What side of newton are you on anyway? I'm on the West Roxbury/Dedham/Newton line near CM school.

Back