Lhbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robm184

Reaction score
Home brewers, I need help, I was just station in Germany and I can't seem to know/find where a local home brew store is here... If anyone knows someone here or a place that would be great.
I am located in Vilseck, Germany and wouldn't mind anything in a 30km radius...
I rather not order but that's how it's looking....

I've heard that homebrew shops in Germany are hard to come by. I know there is a couple German homebrewing websites you could probably do a search and find, and you might get some good info there.

I'll probably be in Berlin in early February... think I could bring back some hops or would carrying vacuum sealed green vegetation in my suitcase be a bad idea?

Man, I miss Germany. Spent a couple years in Wurzburg/Kitzingen, and never touched a drop of anything but the local brews...Julius Echter is still my favorite Hefe on the planet.

Locally, I dont think I ever found anyone over there for homebrew. Do the online folks ship to an APO? If not, you could always have it shipped to someone stateside and resent to you.

Ok, I gotta ask, why in the hell do you want to homebrew while in Germany? You have access to the best beer in the world. Take advantage man, take advantage.

I'll probably be in Berlin in early February... think I could bring back some hops or would carrying vacuum sealed green vegetation in my suitcase be a bad idea?

Thats an agricultural product... you might have a problem with customs. It can't hurt to ask ahead of time. I'm sure customs would be happy to tell you if it would be a problem.

I love the local beer.... Its soooo cheap as well, .74 euros for great beer but I miss the hobby and there are certain beers styles I haven't found here so I wanted to make a brew or two to sustain myself for awhile
but I am currently addicted to Dunkel Weizens
Shippers for the most part ship APO but it's almost $1 for $1 on shipping I was going to just send it to someone and then have them send it to me but I'll figure it out
For the person moving to Berlin you might have an issue with customs but probably just have someone send it to you as well

Back