Sanyo 4912 capacity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolf

Reaction score
I'm going to make a 2 tap kegerator, and I was wondering how much space I have to work with. Is it possible to fit 3 cornies and a CO2 tank in there? Maybe space for some bottles?

If anyone has some pictures of their 4912's all stocked up, that would be great. Thanks!

cheers,
Zach

I'm going to make a 2 tap kegerator, and I was wondering how much space I have to work with. Is it possible to fit 3 cornies and a CO2 tank in there? Maybe space for some bottles?

There is just enough space for 2 cornies and a 5# gas bottle and regulator sat on shelf behind

I left door shelf’s on I have seen others that took off door shelf and put a white board they’re for info
I found this unnecessary for my needs and I am able to put a couple of bottles and cans on door, but not too much other space.
Kegerator_2.jpg

Kegerator_1.jpg

You can fit 2 Cornies in and the CO2 tank on the bottom with the kegs if you remove the storage compartments from the door. There's no way you'll get 3 Cornies in there.

photojpg.jpg

This got me thinking a bit...

With a shelf on the back, and the door liner taken out, would it be possible to fit a 5 lb. tank and a 3 gallon corny on the back shelf, with the two 5 gallon cornies on the floor?

Probably not. But it's an interesting thought..

This got me thinking a bit...

With a shelf on the back, and the door liner taken out, would it be possible to fit a 5 lb. tank and a 3 gallon corny on the back shelf, with the two 5 gallon cornies on the floor?

Probably not. But it's an interesting thought..

I don't think there's enough depth to do that.

If you remove the door liner you can fit in two 5# CO2 tanks. I have one tap on CO2 and the other tap on Nitrogen beer gas. That's about all the benefit you'll get from removing the door liner.

Ten pound CO2 tank plus two cornies with door molding off will fit perfectly. A ten pounder will last you about 6 months drinking about one keg every 3 weeks. That includes using the gas for purging and seating the seals.

Back