Easy Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
This method may be useful as it is easy just about foolproof and produces consistantly good beer of all types. It goes without question that hygiene is paramount.
I use a kit (Wort mix in can) 1.7kg

In asaucepan I fill with 2 litre's of water and as it comes to the boil I place the can of mix in to soften and the mixing spatular.

I pour the Sugar/Dextrose 1 kg into the Primary

I pour the Malt mix into the Primary using hot water to clean out the can (Must not waste any)

I pour the 2 litres of boiling water into the primary, swilling it around to mix.

I then fill with 22 litres of tap water (Sydney's water is first class) otherwise I would filter it.

I use the spatular to mix the yeast from the supplied packet.

In my case I lower the heater into the brew and screw on the lid. No air Lock.

I place the Primary in a draught free area covered with a blanket and use the heater depending on temperature.

Time including sanitistation 40 mins.

At my last estimate I have just passed 520 brews 30 x750ml bottles per batch and I cannot imagine how I have consumed that much brew in now a little over 22 years.

I have had two bottles blow in my shed and one brew from a 2 year old can that was not quite on the mark. It was a Lager tasted ok but had the colour of a Draught. The ingrediants must have marinaded in the tin.

I have had beer over 2 years old and they vintage like a fine wine.

I put up some photo's in "My Gallery" hopefully I did it correctly

No. The hops is in the mix. The breweries take their own wort and remove water so the kit of 1.7kg is a condensed version of their commercial brands. What makes the homebrew better is the conditioning in the bottle and not having Co2 applied. The difference between the fizzy Alcopop (Vodka & whatever) and a naturally fermented Champagne in the bottle.

All our major breweries sell this concentrate, actually for them they can actually make a good profit on it as the process cost is less. Some breweries market their product under a Supermarket label like Franklins "No Frills". Imagine "No Frills" Draught. Actually it is very good.

As this is a hot Country you tend to go for the lighter Beers, not light in alcohol. All about 4.7%. we do have light Beer varieties around the 2% mark and a Supermarket brand of Coopers at 0.5% also good if you are driving.

Hops added malt or grains can be used to get a desired taste but in my case I stick to a simple method. Brewing beer is not a hobby of mine. I like it as a refreshment. I enjoy and prefer a nice Cabenet Sauvignon as a meal accompanyment. We are spoiled with comparitively cheap Australian wine.

Last night I shared a bottle of Margret River Cab Melot with my wife. Oh! happy wife happy life.

I put up those pictures on my profile page to show my simple system

Latest posts

Back