First batch finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
Just bottled my first batch. It smelled really fruity when I was bottling, which was not what I expected. It was an English Pale Ale kit and I'm wondering if the problem is the yeast(I just used the dry yeast the kit came with) or an oxidation problem or I screwed up and didn't get the wort cooled soon enough. I let the beer sit for four weeks in primary. Will the beer mellow out during the bottle conditioning?

That was your shirt you're were smelling.

Just let it sit for a few weeks - open one up each week to see how it is progressing and don't worry. (I ain't gonna say the saying)

You can't judge your beer at that stage, especially if you haven't been brewing for awhile and have never tasted "green" beer in it's may varieties.

Your beer is fine...it will taste NOTHING like what it tasted like at bottling time...Let it sit 3 weeks @ 70 degrees and all will be well...

Read this
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=558191&postcount=101

Stepaway_copy.jpg

:D

Revvy,

If only there was a way to have that very post of yours be written as a macro. :D

JerD- Revvy speaks the truth. Best thing for you to do now- brew another batch so you can stop fretting about the batch you just bottled!

Back