Peach Extract + the carbonation issue...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rph33

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm brewing a nice American-style Hefeweizen at the moment, and I'm planning on adding 4 ounces of natural peach extract to the beer on bottling day. I've tasted the extract and it is indeed sweet, and so I'm not sure how much corn sugar to add on top of the extract to reach correct carbonation volumes.

As I said, this is an American hefeweizen, like Widmer perhaps, and so I am shooting for less carbonation than a German hefeweizen... maybe 3.0 volumes, give or take 0.2.

Anybody know what the fermentability of a fruit extract such as peach is?

Danke - Rudi

from what I've read the extracts really have no fermentable sugars in them.

Welcome to the board. :mug:

No matter how incorrectly the term is tossed about by American marketeers, wheatsw are really either a Begium Wit, a German Hefe Weizen, or an American Wheat...you never hear of a German Wheat or a Belgium Hefe Weizen, do you??? ;):D

Yeah, I lived in Germany so I actually do know about the language differences, but I was too tired and it was too late for my brain to extrapolate the differences... thus the American Wit, Belgian Hefe, German Wheat confusions... haha :)

So peach extract has basically no fermentables... thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back